UK Vogue April 2018 : Gugu Mbatha-Raw by Mikael Jansson

THE WONDER OF GUGU (Textless, properly aligned & proper colours)
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Kate Phelan
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
Model/Celebrity: Gugu Mbatha-Raw

UK Vogue Digital Edition

URBAN LEGEND (Textless & proper colours)
Photographer: Craig Mcdean
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien D’ys
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Model: Natalie Westling

UK Vogue Digital Edition

RUDE GIRL ROCK (Textless, properly aligned & proper colours)
Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Kate Moss
Models: Adwoa Aboah, Lina Hoss & Jazzelle Zanaughtti

UK Vogue Digital Edition

DARK STAR (Textless & proper colours)
Photographer: Craig Mcdean
Stylist: Anya Taylor-Joy
Hair: Duffy
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Model/Celebrity: Anya Taylor-Joy

UK Vogue Digital Edition

THE NEW OLD MASTER (Textless & proper colours)
Photographer: Stef Mitchell
Stylist: Marie-Amelie Sauve
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-Up: Christelle Coquet
Model/Designer: Freja Beha Erichsen & Nicolas Ghesquière

UK Vogue Digital Edition

QUEEN OF THE NIGHT (Textless, properly aligned & proper colours)
Photographer: Sean Thomas
Stylist: Jack Borkett
Hair: Neil Moodie
Make-Up: Lotten Holmqvist
Designer/Models: Donatella Versace, Jourdan Dunn, Claudia Schiffer, Rita Ora, Yasmin Le Bon & Irina Shayk

UK Vogue Digital Edition

OUTSIDE EDGE (Textless & proper colours)
Photographer: Collier Schorr
Stylist: Sarah Richardson
Hair: Holli Smith
Make-Up: Thomas de Kluyver
Model/: Vittoria Ceretti

UK Vogue Digital Edition

It is just insane for me to see Kate Moss being a better and more interesting stylist than Marie-Amélie Sauvé. " The new old master " is purely an advertorial and is dull : Louis Vuitton total look with Freha again and again + bonus Nicolas himself to please his growing egomania .

" Rude girl rock " is the kind of editorial i expect to see by looking at a magazine. We can sense a story telling, styling is good, the photos are good, etc

PRETTY HARDCORE (Textless & proper colours)
Photographers: Sean & Seng
Stylists: Carol Woolton & Jack Borkett
Hair: Jonathan De Francesco
Make-Up: Laura Dominique
Model/: Matea Brakus

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Once again the Fashion content is subpar, these editorials are so insipid, and uninpsirid, this IS Alex level, Edward can produce so much better!

I will say that is the best styling job Kate has ever done, it really clicks with Knight's direction, and vibe of the ed. But having Kate style eds is nothing new, so no idea why he is mentioning it in the EIC letter! She did many eds for Shulman!

Gugu looks gorgeous despite the bad layout. Plus, Rude Girl Rock is incredible!

Good to see Nick Knight shooting a story again for UK Vogue, although I'm usually not a fan of his "sub-culture" shoots, the images really tell a story here.

MAS, Grace (doing a story that looks just like any of her latter day US Vogue affairs...if she's going to produce fashion stories, put her together with Meisel for God's sake), McDean, Jansson, Vittoria in a relatively thick issue for April...and yet somehow this issue is a bit forgettable; some good shots here and there, particularly in Gugu's cover feature, but yeah things are still a bit directionless and insipid.

Thanks for the contributions :flower:.

the vibe of the main edit and cover feel 80's to me. if that was the reference, that vibe was executed well. gugu is gorgeous, love that she landed a vogue cover. well done for continuing to switch it up, EE.

Yuck all these editorials look so dry and uninteresting. I thought one thing Edward would bring to this magazine was a fresh fashion and visual content, but so far it's been quite the opposite.

Gugu's feature is the saving grace here. She looks sensational, so glamorous :heart:

Isn’t MAS tired to style the same thing everytime, every year for every publication?
Seriously! Louis Vuitton is one of the most annoying brands in magazines. Their full look policy is exhausting!

I only like Gugu's editorial and Rude Girl Rock. The others are so weak, you were convinced that Edward literally hired a mix of zombies and grumpy kids who just woke up from their short nap to act as a model.

Isn’t MAS tired to style the same thing everytime, every year for every publication?
Seriously! Louis Vuitton is one of the most annoying brands in magazines. Their full look policy is exhausting!

The only interesting thing in that collection was the embroidered jackets. The rest was awful. Marc Jacobs should have never left and I'm sure he regrets it after his IPO prospect blew up in his face.

Rude Girl Rock is really not my cup of tea but it makes me nostalgic for a time when this type of cinematic editorials were a fixture on magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultraheavn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->