UK Harper's Bazaar May 2011 : Kate Moss by Sølve Sundsbø

Gosh. This is above and beyond what I was expecting when I read the title! I knew it would be gorgeous as HB always is, but these are just exquisite.
I hope both of them are available to buy on newsstands as I really do want both.

Review

The Real McQueen
Models: Kate Moss, Annabelle Neilson and Daphne Guinness
Photographer: Solve Sundsbo
Stylist: Jonathan Kaye
5 Photos

White Mischief
Model: Katrin Thormann
Photographer: Horst Diekgerdes
Stylist: Cathy Kasterine
9 Photos

And God Created Georgia May
Model: Georgia May Jagger
Photographer: Txema Yeste
Stylist: Nathalie Riddle
4 Photos

Bold New Vision
Model: Metehe at Marilyn New York
Photographer: Mark Pillai
Stylist: Vanessa Coyle
9 Photos

WOW! Such gorgeous covers. Some of my favorite Kate covers in a long time. And such a sweet tribute to Alexander McQueen.

Thanks for the review, Vogue28. To be totally honest, I'm only interested in the McQueen editorial and I find it extremely short!

The only cover I've seen on sale near me is the close-up one, which looks lovely in real life, along with all the silver foil. Unsurprisingly for a May issue, it's not particularly weighty, and the fashion editorials don't deviate from the usual formula.

The Georgia May article is another showcase of her being blonde and a bit pouty, but why mess with what works for her? The best part of the issue for me was the feature which looks at the interior decor of three selected women, as there was a lot to look at on the page. I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the content on my first flick-through, it wasn't an automatic purchase for me.

The white cover is absolutely MESMERIZING :buzz: :buzz:, seriously its this kind of picture that makes you want to buy a magazine no matter what. I'm less excited by the subscribers cover though, but I like the fact that its seems to be inspired by the famous hologram moment from Mcqueen show.

I received my copy today... sadly, it is the one I don't like... I love the one with just face and really dislike this one mainly because her breast has been removed;-) what a hell! It looks really awful;-) but again the face cover is great! kind of reminds me one of her i-D covers I really like...

Two of Georgia's shots (dailymail.co.uk:(

article-0-0B6877FD00000578-860_468x314.jpg

article-0-0B6877F600000578-540_468x766.jpg

I like both covers but the photoshopping distracts me a bit...

Just got my copy - cover even more beautiful than on screen and the silver type really elegant.
P.s Don't think they've airbrushed out her left boob - it just looks like she's wearing a body stocking!

Im usually not fan of Kate's covers.. but looove these covers!!

Giorgia photos are lovely too!!

flipped through this in a store today its alright..not the best issue i think kate's pics inside are so pretty though

Got it today, and Kate looks so beautiful.

Georgia's ed is also gorgeous , i love the colours and photography.

UK HB Steppin up BIG time. Kate AND Solve.

What a transformation. Is this Hackworthy's first issue?

UK HB Steppin up BIG time. Kate AND Solve.

What a transformation. Is this Hackworthy's first issue?

It looks like it is as she's now credited as Fashion Director. Although Kate's been turning up a lot of Yeomans' events for the past few months... Really hope Solve isn't a one off.

Absolutely perfect covers:woot:, Kate in McQueen is a no-fail combination. So excited to see the McQueen tribute inside:D. And Love Georgias, shes sexy as always and love the setting:heart:

Got the issue today, and Kate's breast hasn't been photoshopped out on the cover at all. She's wearing some form of skin coloured body if you look at the image. Her bellybutton is also missing, on her right shoulder you can see the wrinkling of the body fabric.

I think it really must be Hackworthy's influence that has brought in Kate and Georgia, both of whom have stuck with Vogue prior to this issue. I imagine going forward this means we'll start to see a vastly different model selection in Bazaar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukebears
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->