UK Vogue December 2017 : Adwoa Aboah by Steven Meisel

I found this pic of Elfie Reigate on MDC from the Jewelry editorial posted above called Rock the Party.

British Vogue Dec 2017: Rock The Party

Emma Summerton - Photographer
Jack Borkett - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Soichi Inagaki - Hair Stylist
Laura Dominique - Makeup Artist
Adam Slee - Manicurist
Elfie Reigate - Model
Iris Law - Model
Molly Smith - Model
Saffron Vadher - Model
credit: models, vogue.co.uk
798951-800w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I see they had a leftover Tim Walker set ready for Summerton.

I got my issue only earlier today, oddly enough at Sainsbury's??? (I wasn't even looking for it so you can imagine my surprise!). Couldn't resist flicking through it and I must say my eyes instinctively searched for the cover edit, which is superb, classic Meisel. Adwoa looks very foxy and I must say it's her her best edit yet. The rest really does not appeal to me and by snap judgement it looks like all he did was update Alexandra's Vogue (is this now the setting standard for British Vogue?). I expected something grand, a distinct departure, perhaps...

Lovely cover but wish it looked different from the Marc Jacobs Beauty campaign.

But it's getting a little too self-indulgent for me. So much of "look at all the good we did!"

despite the makeover, the magazine is lacking strong art direction. i also thought that some of the features looked like they could be taken from i-D. that being said, it's not bad for the inaugural issue, but i don't feel like flicking through it for the second time. it would be nice if meisel took over the cover stories though!

Cover story + interview with Adwoa:

'Adwoa'

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Model: Adwoa Aboah
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Make-up: Pat McGrath
Hair stylist: Guido Palau

dnamodels

^Thanks for posting the cover story :smile:

My favourite shot (besides the cover) is the one with the orange turban/headpiece (which is also the most retro off the lot). I can easily imagine Veruschka wearing that look in her heyday.

The cover is memorable and certainly stands out amongst other covers, even digitally.

However, seeing the content so far is verrrry underwhelming. There's nothing here that surprises or inspires. Seems like Edward is content blabbing about "diversity" and "activism" and spent little to no time directing his team to create really special stories. It all looks so cold and corporate looking. And what separates this Vogue from any other magazine with editorials and features like this? The cover has an identity that is unique....and ultimately its novelty is misleading when the book is opened.

^Thanks for posting the cover story :smile:

My favourite shot (besides the cover) is the one with the orange turban/headpiece (which is also the most retro off the lot). I can easily imagine Veruschka wearing that look in her heyday.

It's my fave too!

The cover & main story are amazing, what a great start of a new era of UK Vogue.

However, seeing the content so far is verrrry underwhelming. There's nothing here that surprises or inspires. Seems like Edward is content blabbing about "diversity" and "activism" and spent little to no time directing his team to create really special stories. It all looks so cold and corporate looking. And what separates this Vogue from any other magazine with editorials and features like this? The cover has an identity that is unique....and ultimately its novelty is misleading when the book is opened.

Agree with you for every words. For me it just seems like a W magazine with smaller format. Nothing interesting inside.

Edward needs to send Miesel a very nice Christmas gift this year because his contiribution is the only good thing of this new Vogue.

Also, I'm tired of magazines hyping certain issues and then delivering something utterly lackluster. U.K. Vogue's Centenary, US Vogue 125th, Bazaar's 150.

I'm aware that budgets are not what they use to be but if you can't deliver a true "collectible" don't market it as such.

'Rock The Party'

Photographer: Emma Summerton
Models: Amandine Guihard, Elfie Reigate, Iris Law, Molly Smith, Saffron Vadher
Stylist: Jack Borkett
Make-up: Laura Dominique
Hair stylist: Soichi Inagaki
Nails: Adam Slee

clm-agency

I looked through the magazine and I must say it felt much more exciting to me... the main editorial is great and I thought the rest looked cool too.

Over the past few days, I've been leafing through my copy and I'm now in two different minds of what to think of Edward as British Vogue's new editor. All the months of hype and to me this issue just feels like an updated version of Alexandra Shulman, more of a continuum as opposed to the magazine receiving a massive overhaul. Aside from the cover and Steven Meisel's presence, there's nothing worth mentioning and of particular interest for me - or anything which remotely evokes a sense of CHANGE. Therefore, judging off this one issue alone, I can only hope Meisel becomes very much a regular at British Vogue.

I reckon we'll be seeing another #NewVogue either with the March or September issue in 2018, once Edward is more settled into the position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->