UK Vogue July 2021 : Malala Yousafzai by Nick Knight

Absolutely gorgeous! Edward really is on a roll with those covers.

Liking him or not, one thing can't be denied: he knows how to make his magazine the topic of every conversation.

Last edited:
Fantastic cover choice! It’s an eye catching cover with the red, but it just doesn’t feel like a Vogue. Giving me Afghan girl on Nat Geo vibes. It’s a stunning shot and I think she looks quite royal in it, but again, doesn’t feel like Vogue.

Fantastic cover choice! It’s an eye catching cover with the red, but it just doesn’t feel like a Vogue. Giving me Afghan girl on Nat Geo vibes. It’s a stunning shot and I think she looks quite royal in it, but again, doesn’t feel like Vogue.

:blink:...

Anyways, absolutely gorgeous cover, her pose is very elegant and the richness of the reds are very eye-catching!

Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous, such a simple but impressive shot that will certainly stand out on the newsstand. I also love both of the editorial pictures and obviously Malala is a more inspiring cover choice than most.

Read the title as “Melania” momentarily and my jaw dropped

And then I saw the cover and my jaw dropped again. So striking! Activism and civil rights stay commodified by the industry, but at least they did it beautifully here.

Wow this is stunning, a must have. Edward is creating headlines with every covers now.

I personally love seeing a genuine motivational figure in vogue. I feel like edwards vogue is getting the tone right. As a teenager I loved magazines but they always made me feel like I saw no one like me I would’ve loved to see someone like malala!

I read the thread and wasn't impressed but this is a stunning cover...that's why he is gonna take Anna's job

Stunning cover. Very unexpected, so kudos to Edward for this. Hopefully there is some good fashion content inside though!

Given all of Malala's remarkable accomplishments, I'm sat here feeling rather guilty for finding this underwhelming. The cover image itself is undeniably flattering but simply doesn't feel like a fashion image - or a subject receiving the Vogue cover treatment.

The cover photography from Nick Knight is weak, pedestrian and has zero character. The red overload feels too heavy for a July cover, is more suited to the winter months and I'm frustrated the third photograph which is quintessential Knight from #6 wasn't chosen for the cover (with better lighting upon Malala's face, of course).

The red is certainly striking, but despite Malala's accomplishments I just genuinely do not care for this. I get that she's extraordinary and I respect her for it, but she won't make me pay a $15 shipping for this ''fashion'' rag. Why can't we just stop playing this pretending game already? Ugh.. whatever. This just isn't for me. Hope there's something more inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->