UK Vogue June 2019 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Fran Summers’ attempt at channeling Rianne in the latest Vogue Paris really leaves me cold. She’s a stunning model, but doesn’t have a wide enough range yet.

What?!?! OMG!! Cannot wait to see!

Oh - haha I just instantly hit reply and then clicked on through to see the edit was posted.

Wow. What a lovely little tribute from Edward to Whitney! Those outtakes are so beautiful - especially the last one, the black and white pic. Good lord she was a GORGEOUS woman.

Thank you so much for posting!

Not that it's bad, but because it's about Madonna we always have high expectations and when we see the result it becomes frustrating... The editorial really is very similar to D&G campaign.

Amazing what art direction can do, because I much MUCH prefer the subscribers cover as opposed to the newsstand alternative. The black masthead and minimal cover lines work unbelievably better with the shot of Madonna, and it feels like a real celebration and a moment for print.

It's a shame Edward (or the Condé Nast suits) didn't feel brave enough to do something more simple for the newsstand, ditching the juvenile pastel fonts to create something bold and adventurous (seeming as though they've opted for a fairly unconventional cover shot this month).

That Whitney/Meisel extra just made my day. Unexpected and gloriously satisfying.

I haven’t enjoyed much of anything Madonna has done in recent years, but I am absolutely loving her single “Medellin”, and I’m digging these cover(s) and edit as well.

This is an all-around great issue. I don’t reside in the UK, but if I can get my hands on this issue, I will certainly buy it!

This issue is £2 in UK stores. Big yellow sticker on the cover.

Does anyone have the HQ Madonna edit without layout? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy123455
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->