UK Vogue June 2019 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Oh snore, more Fran Summers and Rianne, wouldn't risk a paper cut on this issue.

Reactions: MON
Why does she remind me of Jade, the ANTM contestant in this video? 'I AM the undiscovered supermodel!'
Maybe it's just the headscarf, lol.

Also, Whoopi and her gang took issue with some parts of this cover story.

Last edited:
There is an article about Whitney with that bathtub cover??? Unfortunate!!! Next month lets put a model cooking on the cover and a Sylvia Plath story inside...

M is For......

Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Set Design: Emma Roach
Stylist: Benjamin Bruno
Hair: Andy Lecompte
Makeup: Isamaya Ffrench
Manicure: Jenny Longworth
Cast: Madonna, Tony Cassanelli

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Blue Crush

Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Duffy
Colourist: Josh Wood
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Manicure: Ama Quashie
Cast: Ruth Akele. Martina Boaretto, Byul, Florence Clapcott, Kristin Drab, Sean Fender,
Lola G, Hope Morgan, Licett Morillo, Kerolyn Soares

UK Vogue Digital Edition

The Explorer

Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Stylist: Clare Richardson
Hair: David Harborow
Makeup: Mark Carrasquillo
Cast: Fran Summers

Shot on location in Guadeloupe

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Command Performance

Photographer: Theo Sion
Set Design: Alice Kirkpatrick
Stylist: Venetia Scott
Hair: Syd Hayes
Makeup: Miranda Joyce
Manicure: Jenny Longworth
Cast: Rianne van Rompaey

UK Vogue Digital Edition

The New Faces

Photographer: Nadine Ijewere
Set Design: Alice Kirkpatrick
Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jamois
Hair: Soichi Inagaki
Makeup: Lucy Burt
Manicure: Robbie Tomkins
Cast: Kelsey Lu along with designers

UK Vogue Digital Edition

I saw this on the newsstand for sale at £2, and was going to buy a copy while I wait for my subscription one to turn up.

But bumping up the numbers like that would just be encouraging more content of the calibre of that Whitney piece - old Meisel images accompanying the entirely unremarkable words of an interview with the editor. "She represented a world of possibility, of what's possible if you follow your talent and your heart."

Ah, so the true theme of this issue IS bathtubs.

If we're going to mine Meisel for vintage content, I'd have loved to see his unpublished Madonna stuff. I remember seeing Madonna on the front of the February 1991 Vogue Italia, on sale in my provincial newsagents, and it looking like no other magazine cover I'd ever seen before. It cost £5.50, but I didn't buy it because I didn't have enough money.

I saw this on the newsstand for sale at £2, and was going to buy a copy while I wait for my subscription one to turn up.

But bumping up the numbers like that would just be encouraging more content of the calibre of that Whitney piece - old Meisel images accompanying the entirely unremarkable words of an interview with the editor. "She represented a world of possibility, of what's possible if you follow your talent and your heart."

Ah, so the true theme of this issue IS bathtubs.

If we're going to mine Meisel for vintage content, I'd have loved to see his unpublished Madonna stuff. I remember seeing Madonna on the front of the February 1991 Vogue Italia, on sale in my provincial newsagents, and it looking like no other magazine cover I'd ever seen before. It cost £5.50, but I didn't buy it because I didn't have enough money.

Agreed, unreleased Madonna shots wouldve been a better fit. It didn't had to be from Meisel either, I'm sure Madonna herself must be sitting on a lot of shots.

I wonder whether Vogue requested approval from Whitney's team or family (just as a matter of courtesy), or how said team/family will feel when they receive this issue in the mail. Madonna, of all women, sinking away in a bathtub. Classy!

I actually found this issue very cold, dark and heavy for a summer issue, from the styling to the images. Even the front section. And there's not much in the way of articles either. June is the one month where magazines can show some sunshine, or at least something to lift the spirit. We get enough of those Sims and Sion studio shoots throughout the year.

Oh well, there's always Harper's, I suppose.

Fran Summers could not pull off that editorial. Proper model would have landed the cover shot from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterbutt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->