US Bazaar September 2009 : Leighton Meester / Agyness Deyn by Terry Richardson

Bigger version of the cover and ed.

Leighton Meester graces the “big fashion issue” cover for Harper’s Bazaar’s September 2009 issue, on stands August 18th.

In an ode to the mag’s most popular editorial franchise “Fabulous at Every Age,” the Gossip Girl star ages gracefully through the decades with the help of some digital enhancements. Check it out below — Leighton in her 20’s and one in her 50’s! Here are some interview highlights:

On the alleged sex tape: “[The tape] is not real, so it makes me sort of sad. It’s unfortunate that it got carried as far as it did… I definitely understand the nature of people better now and that the mere allegation of something like that could be headline news. People think it’s real because somebody says it is.”

On the pitfalls of fame: “I don’t want most of what comes along with all of this. I’m doing everything I can to keep things separate. I feel like my friends are in a cult because we’re like, No outsiders! I’ve never been crazy. I’m a very good girl, to be honest. I don’t do anything to hurt anybody. Honestly, all I ever do is work.”

On aging and Botox: “Any fear of aging, I think, is simply vanity because what comes with age is so many wonderful things: wisdom, understanding. Every year, I’m always happy to be done with the previous age. If people want [to get Botox], do it.”

Co-star Ed Westwick on meeting Leighton for the first time: “The first thing I thought when I met Leighton was, F—ing hell, this girl’s gorgeous. And she was incredibly sweet. Now we tell each other to f— off whenever we want to.”

JustJared

If Susan Boyle was on the cover I would have stopped buying magazines and retired! There is way, way too much text on the cover.

The lack of thought and originally that went into to this cover and the main editorial is really disappointing to me.

Edit: OH MY GOD! I just clicked on the photo to see close up. I didn't think they would literally photoshop Leighton to make her look old. I just thought they would style the clothes that way. Why would Bazaar do that to her? That's awful! If I was Leighton I would be humiliated. It's like Bazaar turned her into some freak photoshop experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Susan Boyle ed is decent but it doesn't belong in the Sept. Issue...

The Leighton cover and ed are quite embarassing... and she will not sell that many covers. Secondly, she should just be honest about the sex tape... since they are pics to confirm it.

Thank God I don't subscribe to HB... cannot wait for my Elle with Jennifer on the cover.

She admitted to the pictures in the full interview. I guess pictures don't necessarily mean video.

i'm so disappointed with the cover and ed, but then i really love leighton so i'd still get a copy.

The Leighton cover and ed are quite embarassing... and she will not sell that many covers. Secondly, she should just be honest about the sex tape... since they are pics to confirm it.
she denies the tape, but not the pictures.

Bad photoshopping making Leighton look older. She looks like a man in the elder shot!
I have mixed feelings towards Susan's pictures. Part of me thinks 'Aww, poor Susan. She always gets bad press for her looks'.
But when another part thinks 'Hang on. This is a Fashion magazine. Get out please'.
Thanks tarsha!

I believe the shoot Karl Lagerfeld did in Venice at the same time of the Purple shoot will be in this issue... I think maybe it was Baptiste and Lara. Maybe more but I can't really remember.

Awful cover. Why her?????????????????????????????????????????

Awful cover but I really like Leighton so I might pick this up. Also Susan Boyle gives me such second hand embarrassment but she is looking better in these pictures.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded to see Susan Boyle on the cover of Bazaar. Then, their eternal "Fabulous at Every Age" would seem perfect. I think she looks really classy in her ed, whereas Leighton looks quite bad.

This is so bad at so many levels....

Leighton seems a perfect choice for a September cover imo...she's in a relatively succesfull show...and the girl has the charm to produce a more eyecatching and warm cover.. I mean...the phothographer is Terry Richardson god knows I don't like his work but something way better could have been done with this pairing...she looks like she's been forced to been photographed in the cover...she doesn't look confortable...she need some make-up and her ed is just beyond words...what a waste of Leighton...

Now I don't know what to expect brom Bazaar...they seem to fail on purpose :doh:

I think Leighton is great looking, but,
....the hideous gold background, the same jumbled text! Fjeez!!!

Terry Richardson's work for Bazaar is so boring, even his recent spread for US Vogue was more inspiring.

the second picture from Leighton's ed. wold have been a great choice for the news stand cover.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vogue Paris already try the same aging effects for an editorial already? Inez & Vinoodh shot Eniko and shot her through differents decades in her life (from a little girl, all the way up to her golden years)! Why would Bazaar do the same tired slant for their main editorial!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->