US Elle February 2009 : Kate Hudson by Carter Smith

reckoner

Reaction score
katehudsonellefebruary2og0.jpg

Kate Hudson looks yummy in yellow on the February 2009 cover of Elle.

In the featured article, we learn that Jennifer Meyer, the jewelry designer and wife of Tobey Maguire, has known Kate since childhood (her dad was the agent of Kate’s mom, Goldie Hawn). In high school, Jennifer recalls Kate getting sent home for wearing her skirts too short. Scandalous!

Kate also sounds off on the paparazzi enraging her. “They’ve become an entity to themselves,” she says. “But eventually they’ll implode. They’re creating a house of cards that will inevitably fall. These are not nice people. When you’re taking your child to school, and they’re trying to get on school property to get a picture, it literally makes you want to just smack them.”

During the interview, the 29-year-old actress gets defensive at the suggestion that she lacks range. She says, “I could be in an interview and people would keep going, ‘So why do you always do romantic comedies?’ Do I want to do darker roles? Of course. It has to be the right thing, though. I’m not just going to, like, make a movie that’s, Oh, she’s a wh*re, prostitute, and heroin addict.”

Kate’s next rom-com, Bride Wars, costars Anne Hathaway and opens next Friday, January 9. Watch the trailer at BrideWars.com.
Source - Just Jared

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it strange how different UK and US ELLE are in terms of the newsstand covers. It just baffles me. US looks more and more like COSMO every month. And WAY too much text. If they're going to use that much they should go for an 80% black rather than that ugly bold black text!
I love Kate though, i'm sure the ed is gorgeous and nothing at all like the cover shot. I'm really not sure why stylists are so insistent on trying to bring back big hair.

i really do not understand why kate hudson gets put on covers of fashion mags so often!

GOD me neither! She must have the best PR team in Hollywood, she does absolutely nothing to deserve this covers...Ugh, and she does not look good in this one.

:heart: the pose, the dress and the styling. but is there any need for all that text? it looks awful. i'm looking forward to seeing the subscribers cover.

^Its Dior, I love it she looks gorgeous and its very summery:heart:

There is one word to describe this woman,and its overrated!!!

Just sick of seeing her mug everywhere!!

Is this her first US Elle cover? Weird considering how many other covers she has had.

As for the PR comment, yeah I've noticed the guy that reps her reps Cameron Diaz, Eva Mendes, and Jessica Alba. They all seem to land covers all of the time.

Does she sell magazines? Because she is always on the cover and she has already got Bazaar and W september covers.

kate looks gorgeous and the cover is better than the last month's but
I HATE the text overload :sick: how much better the cover would look without all the text ??:angry: it looks like all these black words "outshine" her summery and radiant look...

Exactly - the colours are optimistic, but all the black text brings it down, and some of the text is so small, it's not worth the magazine using it, because it takes you too long to read it.

Perhaps if they had more exciting coverlines, they wouldn't need to 'explain' each one underneath with yet more words.

That said, maybe with this word overload, they are trying to create the impression that there is a lot of content in Elle.

Personally, I have no interest in reading about Kate Hudson, though I don't mind seeing her every now and again. The ads and edits are what will sell this issue to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Hudson is such a boring personality. I don't read any of her interviews and don't plan to. Might as well be a model, at least they look better, but of course, that's just me.
Anyway, those busy Elle covers are always an eyesore. They obviously know this, I find it LOL funny that they judge on Stylista. I suppose that's why they have subscriber covers now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->