US Elle October 2022 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Big disappointment, especially from Alex White. She's still so inconsistent at Elle and even with a team that she's worked so well with in the past she got it wrong here. Welp.

Gisele's UK Vogue edit with Meisel, outside of the studio in full glamazon mode with better than usual styling from Edward is still one of the nicest surprises in these times of recent editorial drought and anything that follows will need to be at least that good to elicit any kind of positive reaction from me.

When I read Gisele by Inez & Vinoodh I was thinking that this was gonna be so next level. The covers are so random.

I don't know what happened to Alex White and this magazine, she has been delivered more misses than hits since she arrived here.

I don't care for The Gisele, come back when she is willing to step out of her comfort zone.

From the set to the cover star and photographers, It looks like Nina wanted to go for a classic VP editorial, What's a missed opportunity not giving this to Anastasia Barbieri, this is her strength, she can execute it flawlessly.

This is tragically bad. Inez and Vinoodh reached the new low, just when we thought they could not get any lower. Honestly, they are worse than Mark Seliger used to be. So tired of their tackiness. And this George Cortina — please retire, or move on to style Circle De Soleil.

I actually dontmind them especially the first cover minus the flyaways. I only wish that the editorial was more cinematic and captured the grit in the first cover. Also Gisele rides again doesnt soundd nice.

I&Z is dead now. Nothing alluring and innovative after Vogue Paris.

Well it was fun while it lasted, I guess where back to Gisele's boring form. Its hard to say exactly anything about, there is pretty much nothing there, its just there. the editorial is just soulless. It doesn't even feel like I&V actually made it.

And tell me again why they are so intent on continuing to use latinx despite less most Latinos hating it and less than 3 percent actually using it?

They just keep alienating the Latino community’s with that Latinx BS.

Gisele lost her apeal, her look is dated… always the same california 2002 hair…

I've become a firm fan of Nina Garcia's American Elle over recent months, with the magazine only going from strength to strength in terms of the names Garcia manages to secure (putting the likes of Wintour's Vogue to shame).

These covers with the one-and-only Gisele by Inez & Vinoodh may not be the most groundbreaking, but I'm perfectly satisfied with the outcome. The three covers are a vast departure from past Elle covers and Gisele by I&V remains one of fashion's ultimate pairings. I'm also getting major Vogue Paris from the shoot, and in all honesty I feel as though I cannot ask for more given the current state of things! :heart:

Got this in the mail. The B/W cover is way darker in print.

166 pages

Review:

"dream girl"
Photographers: I&V
Stylist: Alex White
Model: Rianne van Rompaey (with a four paragraph article)

"treaure trove"
jewellery edit

"high contrast"
Model: Vivienne Rohner

"the suite life"
Models: Mariam de Vinzelle, Amar Akway, Quannah Chasinghorse, Niyo Malik, Taras Romanov, Cherokee Jack
an all-LV edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->