US Elle October 2022 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

the magazine only going from strength to strength in terms of the names Garcia manages to secure (putting the likes of Wintour's Vogue to shame).

I could be wrong, but I can't imagine that a single one of these names Nina managed to secure - Giselle included - wouldn't have cast this magazine's opportunities aside in a heartbeat if there was a competing offer from Wintour. I hope these issues are doing well on newstands, but if online engagement is any indication, they are not. Despite having millions of followers on instagram, the Giselle cover only scored a few thousand likes. I know this is print and it's annoying to bring up digital all the time, but but those are just awful numbers. And even here, where people love print, engagement in Elle threads is seriously low. Nina is doing her best and making good choices, but if no one's actually reading it, what's the point?

Excited to see this I&V issue, and I enjoy Elle, but I fear its days are numbered.

Last edited:
Did ELLE changed quickly the cover due the scandal arround Shakira? Her's looks like the original choise.

OMG, Rianne is a DREAM GIRL indeed! :heart:

(My only complaint is the ed isn't a bit longer, everything else is a sheer perfection.)

Each ed in the issue has such a different spirit and look from the others. Flipping through the issue it’s kind of extraordinary they’re all from the same photographers. Rianne’s is the highlight but I agree it’s too short.

THE SUITE LIFE
Photography:
Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make-up: Francelle Daly
Models: Mariam de Vinzelle, Amar Akway, Quannah Chasinghorse, Niyo Malik, Taras Romanov & Cherokee Jack

US Elle Digital Edition

I’ve really been admiring Nina‘s Elle from afar in recent years. I’ve never really been in the habit of purchasing it, but if they continue like this I will be! I find it’s one of the few mainstream publications successfully balancing being a fashion magazine that needs to have commercial appeal.

Whilst US Vogue feels like it’s in a perpetual identity crisis, and Bazaar is just plain dull, US Elle feels both true to itself and fresh. I hope they continue to reap the benefits of Vogue losing its star power and scoop up the photographers they once worked with. I’d love to see Mikael Jansson work with them, and definitely more Inez & Vinoodh.

An issue shot entirely by I&V is filling the Vogue Paris shaped hole in my heart, so I can’t wait to pick this up!

Is this W or Elle?! Im impressed

i guess Conde Nast done with exclusive contract with the world’s photographers

Glad to see they're back after a lackluster few months. Ever since they featured Grace Elizabeth on the subscriber cover months ago I'm still curious about what allowed this direction change where get actual fashion content with fashion models.

The Suite Life reminds me a little of their work for Vogue Paris and Self Service...looks like a nice issue...

DREAM GIRL
Photography:
Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-up: Fulvia Farolfi
Model: Rianne van Rompaey

elle.com
W or Vogue Paris

seems like Inez & Vinoodh totally lost it. they didnt work much last years, only shoot some bland nonsense for Chanel. Now this full issue of elle, purple fashion editorial, perfect magazine, and i don't get tgeir obsession with vivianne rohner, she`s super bland, has zero it- quality, and reminds me of Kriten stewart (same over-esteemated mediocrity as an actress and they`re having similar appearance)

Are you really? Because they haven't done anything good in years and live by their reputation only.
True, but magazines in general have been so lacklustre for a very long time now, that the idea of an entire issue shot by I&V still intrigues me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->