US Elle October 2022 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Waiting for the thread to open, I was praying hard for no more Earth Mother.

I wonder whether we'll also see some of this in other editions?

I love and deeply appreciated that ELLE put Gisele on their cover but those are photos are horrible. I like her last cover appearance more.

Waiting for the inevitable discussion around “THE POWER OF LATINX BEAUTY”

Don’t like a single one of these covers. I find that Elle is so close nearly every month to creating something exciting but despite good pairings of subjects and photographers, the results routinely underwhelm.

Why isn't her hair entirely behind her in that first shot? It's a super cliche idea to begin with, but come on, at least commit to it.

Always love me some I&V x Gisele combo, but this is indeed quite disappointing all things considered. The third is the only cover that works for me, and the one I'm praying gets imported here as the issues is a must-have regardless!

Did I&V decide to take a nap on the grass and let their assistants handle the shoot?
Yes, but this is from the beginning of their career... I always thought they were terrible!

They only needed the third one, the black and white one yet they wanted more and look what they did… ugh

Cannot believe that this is all they could come up with considering the names/talents involved.

I was anxiously waiting for the page to load but nope, these are not it imo... the best is the third one,I guess...

Editorial is better than the covers would suggest, but still nothing to write home about

I&V is past it! What's this cover, worse still the editorial? Not bad, but very underwhelming down to the styling. You can tell it was created with the intention for it to be reprinted across the globe.

I don't think any American magazine can afford to 'go through the motions' considering the print industry is decaying month by month. And the idea of asking Gisele to talk about her 'family and purpose' in 2022 is the very definition of going through the motions.

Well it was fun while it lasted, I guess where back to Gisele's boring form. Its hard to say exactly anything about, there is pretty much nothing there, its just there. the editorial is just soulless. It doesn't even feel like I&V actually made it.

And tell me again why they are so intent on continuing to use latinx despite less most Latinos hating it and less than 3 percent actually using it?

Gosh they are bad. Can't believe Nina agreed to publish these, was she under something ? LOL...
Gisele and her enormous career accepted these to be used???
These photographers eventually are amateurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->