US Glamour May 2018 : Melissa McCarthy by Miguel Reveriego

How will it look going forward? Are they trying to be The Gentlewoman with that border? This wasn't thought through. And I expected a lot from Sam actually....

PHOTOGRAPHS BY MIGUEL REVERIEGO
STYLED BY JILLIAN DAVISON

5tHWVRdh_o.jpg

glamour.com

The website has the same logo. :blink: The redesign is trash, there's no better way to put it. Hopefully the new EIC didn't trash the contents as well. This issue will surely flop!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh the stench of desperation wafting off the pages of magazines these days :rolleyes:

That doesn't even look like a cover more just an opening, editorial preview page.

I wish the editorial was longer with more fashion and full length shots. Melissa glows; her skin (albeit retouched) looks amazing.

Patti Dubroff did the make-up :flower:

It looks like those cheap local magazines you get in the mail for free.

Magazines are really losing sight of the eternal truth that people want to look good and aspire to the life of their dreams.

They'll pay for any product that delivers a taste of that and the promise of progress towards it.

I'm fed up of two things regarding "plus-size" models/actresses and fashion magazines: The close-up shot policy and the "please make funny faces" law in editorials.

That being said I can imagine they are revamping and selling Glamour to women aged 35 and more vs 18-35 as it used to be the case.

I understand the angle as prints does not sell to young anymore and it was a need not to go fully digital as it happened to other magazines

ooph... I must be crazy... I really dig this, it looks like a zine. It's a bit surprising to see this in a major magazine but I really like it. And I LOVE Melissa, always!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->