US Vogue May 2019 : Kim Kardashian West by Mikael Jansson

I will Never takes her seriously, even if this is so 2014, 19, 30, etc. Not fan of her. I won't be one. Period. The cover isn't that bad, Mikael is a terrific photographer. But the subject is the problem here. Her family is famous because her father and the OJ Simpson case... WTF with that?! And has her show on E! because she made a Sex tape and all the scandals arround. Kim is the queen of plastic surgery and she has new rich attitude. Maybe it's good to be like her, and I'm a looser because I don't like her.

Would you like her in a boat? Would you like her in a coat? Would you like her here or there?

Nothing here has piqued my interest... What I wonder is: Is it time for Anna to leave?

Would you like her in a boat? Would you like her in a coat? Would you like her here or there?
I would like to see inspiring fashion. But US Vogue isn't the answer. I get the point. Let's just talk about the pictures, I don't want to talk about the subject anymore. I'm sorry for my explanation. This isn't the place to discuss that.

I would like to see inspiring fashion. But US Vogue isn't the answer. I get the point. Let's just talk about the pictures, I don't want to talk about the subject anymore. I'm sorry for my explanation. This isn't the place to discuss that.

Sorry I was hoping you’d keep the Suess reference going lol...

I do not like her in a coat... I do not like her on a boat! I do not like her here or there! I could not would not like her anywhere!

I do not like her Sam I Am! I do not like that kardashian!

Basically what every Kim K. Thread devolves to imo.

is this the trophy wife year for US Vogue? What kind of message are they giving to girls? I'm so happy that this edition doesn't sell in my country. Edward is killing it with his Vogue, and Anna is killing people's brain with her's. Bravo, you made it again.
No matter what, Kim is an influential person in the world from a fashion and cultural point of view.
Her look, the way she dresses, the way she communicates actually influence a lot of people in the world. The question here is not to judge if she has a place on the cover of American Vogue because she does.

It’s weird but the more I see this cover, the more I think about Paris Hilton on the cover of Vogue Paris.
Her cover had the same minimalist approach but at the time, she had her VP makeover and she wore Alaia. It was camp before camp.
The epitome of « vulgarity » on the cover of the edgiest magazine wearing the epitome of bourgeois Parisian chic.

And in a weird way, Kim is the epitome of camp, of a new idea of chic for some some or vulgarity for others. And she is wearing Chanel, the epitome of Chic but in her own way because unlike Paris, she has managed to become an important figure of fashion.

One thing that I can’t complain about US Vogue is that it always reflects the time. For better or worse...
They had Britney Spears and the Spice Girls on the cover...A bit for the same reasons.

But the big difference is that the Spice Girls and Britney are not trash.
But that’s subjective. It’s a matter of perception.
At that time, they weren’t considered chic and the fashion community wasn’t falling over them.

And to be honest, Kim has more influence in high fashion than Britney and TSG.

But that’s subjective. It’s a matter of perception.
At that time, they weren’t considered chic and the fashion community wasn’t falling over them.

And to be honest, Kim has more influence in high fashion than Britney and TSG.
But’s that’s subjective. It’s a matter of perception.

But you make some valid points.

Some may consider Kim to be chic and some of the fashion community may be falling for her but to some she is just a trashy attention seeking fame wh*re.

Nothing against Kim but it looks like she came out of the pool and took the picture for her passport. Very lazy editorial too.

Sounds crazy but, with the MET Gala theme this year, i gave a little hope to see Harry Styles in the cover

I don't have a strong opinion on Kim, but the cover lacks the fun and camp that hopefully the rest of the issue delivers. Concerning her relevance, people who bet against Kardashian relevance always lose, it seems. I noticed her 73 questions is trending and has almost 7 million views in under 24 hours, which I think would be a record for them, even beating out popular social media people like Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Kendall, etc. Clearly there's something to Kim since she's managed to stay in the spotlight continuously for well over a decade now. Can't blame Anna for wanting cover stars with mass appeal when Magazine sales are declining.

I cringe so hard every time someone goes as far as to label the Kardashians complete trash. I don't care about this family in the slightest, but the hatred some of you harbor for them is just surreal lol.

Cover looks good, but I do agree, a lil drab for spring.

What defines a woman as trash though? I always wondered. I don't know why any of you expect Wintour to give covers to models or focus on the fashion because she hasn't for over a decade. You're all just used to hating Kim for being Kim but that woman fought for everything she has and if anyone deserved this cover, she did. Scarlett, Reese, Priyanka, Emily, Claire... the list goes on. What influence do they have on fashion? They're just actresses with pretty faces they sell to big names for advertising. Kim, on the other hand, has indisputable influence on current trends - she practically invented the way women dress and do their make-up all over the world. I just can't understand where all the hate is coming from.

Speaking of Ru... do you think that Anna would invite him this year to the met? I'm almost sure that Miss Fame (sponsored by Marc Jacobs) and Aquaria (by Jeremy Scott) will be there.

What defines a woman as trash though? I always wondered. I don't know why any of you expect Wintour to give covers to models or focus on the fashion because she hasn't for over a decade. You're all just used to hating Kim for being Kim but that woman fought for everything she has and if anyone deserved this cover, she did. Scarlett, Reese, Priyanka, Emily, Claire... the list goes on. What influence do they have on fashion? They're just actresses with pretty faces they sell to big names for advertising. Kim, on the other hand, has indisputable influence on current trends - she practically invented the way women dress and do their make-up all over the world. I just can't understand where all the hate is coming from.

Maybe some people here acknowledge her influence and detest her for it? Personally, I find her influence on fashion is the least of her sins. Her influence on women's body image expectations, her exploiting the feminist movement to peddle her merchandise, her cultural appropriation, her homophobia, all the times she's shown her ignorance on important issues (politics, mental health) while having a massive platform, these are very real, tangible reasons why I (and other people) find her and her family a perfect representation of everything that's wrong with today's media stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->