US Harper's Bazaar 140th Anniversary Issue : Jennifer Aniston

A.D.C.

Reaction score
I was so dissapointed when I saw that Jennifer was going to be on the cover. I guess the reason is simple, she's the number one seller among all actresses, but Come On Glenda! have some fashion integrity, I don't care if Linda, Kate, or Gisele would have sold half as much, this issue should have been about celebrating fashion and therefore should have showcased an iconic fashion face or all three! And the cover by the way is same old same old. This time white background, blue fonts. Source The Insider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone explain to me what if anything Jennifer Aniston has to do with fashion. I would really love to understand this. I know she sells magazines but geez. I don't even have anything against her personally I just legitimately wonder what she has to do with fashion. This isn't the before page of a makeover issue - its the cover of a semi-relevant though increasingly aggravating fashion magazine. And an anniversary issue no less. Ugh.

Harper's Bazaar
, Upgrade U.

Let me turn down my hate level one notch though. Bazaar usually redeems its lackluster covers with choice editorial content and good articles.

Someone explain to me what if anything Jennifer Aniston has to do with fashion. I would really love to understand this. I know she sells magazines but geez. I don't even have anything against her personally I just legitimately wonder what she has to do with fashion. This isn't the before page of a makeover issue - its the cover of a semi-relevant though increasingly aggravating fashion magazine. And an anniversary issue no less. Ugh. .

She doesn't. What you said is your answer - she sells them. Some American magazines will always go with what sells and celebs are it at present. I'm a Jen fan but she doesn't have anything to promote so I don't get why she is on the cover either. Your right it's a anniversary issue and it should be something special but it doesn't suprise me cause last time it was some HB anniversary they had Jennifer Lopez on the cover. I just hope it's a great cover and ed. Her last US Vogue cover for example was a shocker.

Let me turn down my hate level one notch though. Bazaar usually redeems its lackluster covers with choice editorial content and good articles.

That's what I focus on. At least you know that what's inside will always be good. I think US Harpers has way better articles than US Vogue.

can't wait to see what's inside.....

and as long as it's not someone like lohan or sienna on the cover i'm fine with it!!!

I think Jennifer is lovely,but she is never an exciting cover subject,and she said in the past she is not into fashion.But hey she selles so i can understand why they picked her.Like others said,hopefully the contests will be decent.
Oh and also why does a celebrity have to promote something to get a cover?I dont get that,because HB and many other magazines have been putting celebrites without a movie,album.etc on their covers for years now,so i dont think its relevant.We live in a celebrity culture and they sell,which is what every editor is after-sale results.

Liberty i dont think Sienna was ever on their cover,which is surprising in a good way,and it probably means she will grace the cover in the near future.

That's what I focus on. At least you know that what's inside will always be good. I think US Harpers has way better articles than US Vogue.
Thats interesting,because i find their articles extremely awful.:blush:IMO they come nowhere near the journalistic level of the ones in US Vogue.I never skip an article in Vogue,while i dont even bother with HBs.I mean Ashton Kutcher writing an article on how the perfect copules dress?:huh:Rita Wilson writing about layering?Wtf!
At least US Vogues articles are very well researched,written and are not one page long.Plus they alway feature interesting Politicans,Sportsmen,people in the fashion world.etc
I love Julia Reed,Jeffry S.,Eve Mcsweeny,Jonathan Van Meter,Joan Juliet Buck i buy Vogue because of them even when the cover and edits suck.:blush:
NOW if they could only fire Plum Sykes and William Norwich i would be very happy.^_^:D

1a735c304a51daffd6f4e0c4450a876144eda29.jpg

The celeb talks about her life now in the new issue of 'Harper's Bazaar.'

Movie star and frequent tabloid target JENNIFER ANISTON reveals how she's doing now in the 140th anniversary issue of Harper's Bazaar, on newsstands October 23.

The celeb -- who was spotted earlier this month in Mexico with ORLANDO BLOOM -- has been getting back into work this year after a self-imposed break. She'll appear in the ensemble comedy 'He's Just Not That Into You,' along with BEN AFFLECK, DREW BARRYMORE and SCARLETT JOHANSSON. A big-screen adaptation of the best-selling book by GREG BEHRENDT and LIZ TUCCILLO, 'He's Just Not That Into You' follows modern-day relationships and how we often misread each other. The movie is due out next summer.

Other projects on her slate include the romantic flicks 'Management' with STEVE ZAHN, and 'Traveling' with AARON ECKHART.

Aniston also shares her redecorating plans with the mag, and reveals why she is considering a move from California to New York.

Reflecting on the past 140 years of Harper's Bazaar, America's first fashion magazine, Editor-in-Chief GLENDA BAILEY says, "Harper's Bazaar has always been for the well-dressed woman with a well-dressed mind-someone with a point of view as sharp as her stilettos and a sense of humor that is as smart as her sense of style. We're not just about hemlines, we're about headlines. To paraphrase COCO CHANEL, a fashion magazine doesn't exist just in dresses, it has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."

I would have thought it would have gone to Gisele, as she's been featured so often on the early "relaunch" covers of Glenda's reign. US Vogue hasn't really used her for a stand-alone cover for some time, so Bazaar are free to claim her as "their girl".

You'd think a magazine with a history of iconic design would go for something more momentous for an anniversary cover than some TV actress that's not setting the cinema screen alight, and whose current celebrity status derives mostly from being a romantic spare part.

Of course Aniston has her appeal - comic timing, a sort of everywoman charm, and a famous hairdo - but she's not at the apex of fashion. I can't remember her having a truly stunning moment on the red carpet, or being noted for her off-duty fashion style, or her eclecticism with accessories. I certainly don't hate her, but in terms of fashion inspiration, she means nothing to me.

It has already been said that Jenifer Aniston sells. So that's all their thinking about: Selling.

I look at that cover and think

"We waited 140 years...for this?"

^^ :rofl:

I think the cover is not that bad,i like the font.Its better than Kate Hudsons,imo.

But HB needs to go back to interesting covers,and take their cover subjects out for a fresh air.ENOUGH with the blank background and the same cover text!
Liz had such great covers,even today they look Fresh and cool.

Not only does this cover not inspire awe at the concept of a 140th anniversary, it also doesn't say anything about getting dressed in November. It looks like it's May and it's time to start thinking about bikini wardrobes 'for all ages'. Where is the drama and luxury of the fall/winter season?

And Aniston might sell, but she's not selling to me, and that's a good enough reason to complain about this cover.

covers with her look somehow always the same - smiling, nice dress, blue summery background....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->