US Harper's Bazaar 140th Anniversary Issue : Jennifer Aniston

"Shine"

from Harper's Bazaar November 2007
Photographer: Solve Sundsbo
Model: Caroline Trentini

Scanned by Luxx

I'm more than indecisive on this editorial. The concept of "shine" itself just didn't come off very well. It seemed forced and too much. Not to mention, Caroline's tan. :shock:

In Caroline's editorial excesive tanning no doubt. It's a shame they've done that, the rest of it looks really good. The forced shines with that blue sky gives it a not of this world appareance that I like.

THEN & NOW
The Wanamaker Family, The Whitney Dynasty, The Hearst Legacy & The Woolworth Empire
By Melissa Ceria
Stylist: Ann Caruso
Hair & Makeup: Alexa Rodullo
Photographer: Douglas Friedman

source | scanned by MMA

Maybe they dislike her? I don't think she ever been on a Harpers issue or for at least a very long time.

PERSONAL STYLE
In Praise of the Classics
By Lisa Armstrong

source | scanned by MMA

I don't see Kate Moss on that best-dressed of all time thing...?

she's on the second page in the blue dress...
in the category "the best of the best"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got it today! It's a great issue! Love all the retrpspective articles an d all the eds. Did anyone mention that Du Juan is in a accesories ed by Hiro?

MMA, thanks for the personal style scans. I'm more of a practical than an "art" reader. I buy mags because I can find something useful.

That's what I focus on. At least you know that what's inside will always be good. I think US Harpers has way better articles than US Vogue.

Harper's is a lot more consistent in their articles, as in their articles are always good. Vogue articles are almost always hit or miss- either its some socialite waxing poetic about what blinds to put in their new penthouse (big miss) or an insightful look at aging or growing up fashion crazy in small town America (hit).

The editorials in Harper's, however, kick some major US Vogue ***.

They should've chosen someone more stylish for the cover...there has to be someone who can sell as well as Aniston but can still be semi-creative.

I liked reading about the whole history of the magazine though...it was very interesting...

Harper's is a lot more consistent in their articles, as in their articles are always good. Vogue articles are almost always hit or miss- either its some socialite waxing poetic about what blinds to put in their new penthouse (big miss) or an insightful look at aging or growing up fashion crazy in small town America (hit).

The editorials in Harper's, however, kick some major US Vogue ***.

Agreed. Harper's kicks US Vogue's *** in the editorials. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
i received my issue last week, however without the "A Fashionable Life" supplement as mentioned inside the mag....did only US subscribers receive this?

I bought this last week - and really enjoyed the retrospective article. The rest of the content was decent enough, nothing super-sensational but there was variety. I didn't even give US Vogue a second look.

Seems decent issue...I'm kinda sorry that I lost my subscribe confirmation thingie and won't recieve this :(

Naomi ad

Does somebody have the Naomi Cambell ad from this issue? The bikini black and white one.. thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->