US Harper's Bazaar September 2014 : Lady Gaga, Linda & Penelope by Sebastian Faena

Why cant Bazaar just stick with Faena.. hmm I would love to see more covers by him. Tired of terry Richardson.

Brilliant and definitely raises the bar/expectations for September issues this year, IMO.

The edito is so disappointing because of the styling : what a mess ! I don't like how everything is stacked up.

LINDA EVANGELISTA'S BEAUTY SECRETS
The 49 year-old supermodel reveals what goes into her beauty routine. Plus, see Evangelista in BAZAAR's September cover shoot .

hbz-linda-sm.jpg

harpersbazaar.com

I hate those "Beauty Secrets" stories... you can´t do one and then photoshop the subject to death! :rolleyes:
and unless Linda openly talks about her botox sessions, what´s the point?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate those "Beauty Secrets" stories... you can´t do one and then photoshop the subject to death! :rolleyes:
and unless Linda openly talks about her botox sessions, what´s the point?

She's always been honest about using Botox..

^but is the mag going to be open about it and ask her? or are they going to push products that are not responsible for her looking like this? it wasn´t a jab against Linda but the mag (and any mag that runs this type of articles)

^but is the mag going to be open about it and ask her? or are they going to push products that are not responsible for her looking like this? it wasn´t a jab against Linda but the mag (and any mag that runs this type of articles)

My problem with these type of articles is that they're found in countless blogs as well. I recall a recent article in UK Vogue about "tips for packing" with such insipid advice as, check the the weather! If a magazine is to survive the digital age they got to offer more than this. US Vogue might have it's share of problems but at least their journalism is top notch Bazaar is a lost cause.

Just by the cover you can see they're up to their same routine. Another article about Audrey Hepburn.. the requisite Lagerfeld appearance.. This time as interviewer.. Nothing in Harpers Bazaar let's you know this is the year 2014 and this is what's going on in the world.

I'm not looking for politics but part of the definition of fashion is something current.

i like that the three cover models covers three different genres.

Does anyone know - are all three covers going to be exported internationally (just like all five of Marie Claire were back in May), or only one of them?

p.s. They are gorgeous by the way. Carine's story is amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know - are all three covers going to be exported internationally (just like all five of Marie Claire were back in May), or only one of them?

p.s. They are gorgeous by the way. Carine's story is amazing!

I would imagine they'd ship only one version and not all 3, though not entirely sure. Quite certain this is US Bazaar's first multi-cover.

Generally we get only one cover of most of the multi cover editions of magazines over here in the UK. W sometimes does include the two. I'm going to hazard a guess and say they'll pick Gaga's for International distribution.

Model: Emma Ferrer (Audrey Hepburn's Granddaughter)
Photographer: Michael Avedon

dailymail

Seriously?! Her facial expressions and posing are terrible.

Harper' Bazaar US September 2014
The Best and the Brightest
PH: Nathaniel Goldberg

weibo

That Emma editorial is making me vomit. Daria, however, looks stunning in her ed. Surprised to still see the color-blocking trend though.

Without fail the same color block edit is reproduce every sept. Someone seriously needs to do a side by side of this edits with the mirte mass edit they did last year. It's the same damn thing!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitas46
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->