US Harper's Bazaar September 2014 : Lady Gaga, Linda & Penelope by Sebastian Faena

"Light as a Feather"
Photos: Jeffrey Westbrook & Catherine Hebert
Paintings: Amy Judd
Stylist: Amanda Weiner

same

Marc Jacobs & Sofia Coppola
Photos: Jason Schmidt
Stylist: Joanna Hillman

same

Here's karmen pedaru wearing neutrals in the desert by Camilla Akrans for Bazaar Septemeber. Glenda is the worst editor to ever reign over a major fashion magazine and she has the guts to go around saying that her motto is.. "Good is the greatest enemy of great!" When her best friends are obviously mediocre and uninspired.

http://www.thefashpack.net/editorial-spotlight-karmen-pedaru-in-us-harpers-bazaar/

Karmen's is even better! so she even can't beat herself! lol

Kokobombon, could you please upload the Cathy Horyn article? thanks in advance

I absolutely love the Gaga cover. The first because it is very Roitfeld. I mean ASF says it's Carine, so I trust her. And it does look very Roitfeld. The hat with the hair is pretty nice. you gotta say. The boobs. I mean the dog. It misses a cigarette. And it's a perfect Roitfeld shot. She looks like a sexy farmer that went from the rural LA to Vegas, via Japan - or something (like this US movie with this girl who acts in OrangeITNB, but "on french crack"). The dog is lovely. It's a Chanel shot for Chanel - she presents the sac, with the dog and her nails as a frame. and gaga doesn't annoy me here. She cuts the dress. I mean.
the second shot should be a poster. i's obvious. it's very posé. gaga especially. but there's a good movement with their arms. very paint-ish. kind of baroque painting. good portrait !!!!!
sorry for the length. i got excited for 3min.

i love the one with linda. i love that i see feet because of the over-layered pull-over thing. she's well made-up.... let's say. good.

dont like the styling. don't like the pose. not really interested in penelope cruz outside of the 3-4 films she's done with Almodovar. i don't believe at all in this image. the styling on the catwalk was much better. badly portraired, i guess.

oh i really like this feathers/jewelry paintings. especially the second and last one. and the first. and the third. depends on size too of the real painting. or is it just already this format ? i don't know. really.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Light as a Feather"
Photos: Jeffrey Westbrook & Catherine Hebert
Paintings: Amy Judd
Stylist: Amanda Weiner

What an impressive and novel way to do a jewellery edit. This is remarkable.

Also, love the Marc & Sophia piece. Cute pics.

What happened to Brana Wolf? She hasn't contributed in about two years...is she still on the masthead :blink:? Andrew Richardson has also been absent from the mag for a long time.

I mean that already vouches for the severe dip in (already low) quality at HB recently. I like the NG and DJ eds but really they are quite stale concept wise.

What happened to Brana Wolf? She hasn't contributed in about two years...is she still on the masthead :blink:? Andrew Richardson has also been absent from the mag for a long time.

I mean that already vouches for the severe dip in (already low) quality at HB recently. I like the NG and DJ eds but really they are quite stale concept wise.

credits

same

^ Thank you. So weird that A ) Brana and Melanie are on the list of contributing editors when :cool: they've been shunned from the magazine despite the fact that they are far more prominent and talented (not to mention have a legacy with the mag) than those who have filled their shoes in recent times...

^ Thank you. So weird that A ) Brana and Melanie are on the list of contributing editors when :cool: they've been shunned from the magazine despite the fact that they are far more prominent and talented (not to mention have a legacy with the mag) than those who have filled their shoes in recent times...

They're too good for Bazaar anyway.. I hope they both land prominent positions elsewhere.

Natasha Poly for Harper' Bazaar US September 2014
weibo/Sohhez

HQs

Model: Natasha Poly
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Clare Richardson
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Make up: Hannah Murray
Nails: Rica Romain

photocouture-show.com

There is a Terry Richardson edit - it's a handful of men like Sting and Alan Cumming in closeup, with a woman's bejeweled hand on their faces. What's interesting is the "photographed by Terry Richardson" credit is on the bottom of the page and right near the spine, like they were trying to hide it :lol:

There is a Terry Richardson edit - it's a handful of men like Sting and Alan Cumming in closeup, with a woman's bejeweled hand on their faces. What's interesting is the "photographed by Terry Richardson" credit is on the bottom of the page and right near the spine, like they were trying to hide it :lol:

Well at least they're not having him work with young female models I guess.

Has anyone seen Linda's cover on newstands? Especially in New York? I can only find Gaga and I've looked pretty much everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->