US Vogue April 2009 : Beyoncé by Mario Testino

Bootylicious was 2001. That was 8 years ago.

haven't you seen that disgusting "Singel Ladies" video? it's all about her ***. :yuk: can't she act like a decent woman? :blush:

Since then she has had 3 multiplatinum solo albums, roles in award winning and successful films, performed at the presidential inauguration, etc

and the point is ...? she's still vulgar :huh:

Isn't Beyonce somewhat of a style icon. Maybe not a "STYLE" icon like Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton or that Princess of Jordan, but a style icon in that people can't wait to see what see's wearing on the red carpet or interviews? A lot of people may not think she dresses well, but for someone of her fame, she gets people talking about what she wears.

I can't really think of another black style icon that could be put on the cover. I'm interested to see how well this issue sells. Like most here, I feel that there are too many celebrities on Vogue covers, but she is the biggest female music star (not counting Taylor Swift's album sales) right now, right?

Oh, and I do like the cover, though wish we could see more her body on the cover of the body issue.

BEYONCE? a style icon? sure, i guess she could be one for all the "bootylicious" girls out there.

i'm not hating on curvier folks, but frankly i'm kinda sick of them flaunting their curves in your face and it's sort of like a funny backlash against skinny people? like i've got a biiiiiig booty and i'm darned proud of it! SO WHAT?

IMO, beyonce should just get Vogue to style her for events.

i still can't get over that nauseating image of her at this year's Oscars in that horrific House of Dereon crap sausage dress.

i almost pitied Beyonce because obviously her tasteless mother made her wear that "ghetto-chic" monstrosity (a grown woman still allowing her mother to dress her?!???)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, America is full of not so skinny people so to attract customers they say things like that. I guess it's a self esteem boost or something, but being a "real woman" has nothing to do with your body shape though it might have something to do with being born with a vagina:rolleyes:.

I see where you're coming from, but what about the skinny non-curvy people of America? They won't be getting a big confidence boost when the phrase "Real Women have curves" is plastered on the magazine cover. I know I'm probably addressing a topic which is hard to satisfy ALL consumers.

Anyway Vogue US titles are getting quite pathetic... like the one with Aniston saying "What Angelina did was very uncool". :rolleyes:

WOW Vogue US continues to deteriorate in quality with each issue.

Beyonce is so emblematic of popular culture. Tacky and excessive popular culture that is. This is precisely why I hate her. She might be talented, hard working and 'beautiful' but has she achieved besides material success?

For one, she's on par with Paris Hilton in both class and intelligence. But most importantly, her songs could not be any more superfluous or unintelligent if she tried. She is like the antithesis to feminism!

And I know this is a judgmental but I'm sick of seeing these women being rewarded with covers of Vogue simply being they "sold 75 million records" or because they are in a $200,000,000 film by Spielberg.

The way I see it is, if you're going to give the cover/feature issue to a celebrity, not because of their contribution to the fashion industry, then there has to be some kind of genuine accomplishment to their story, not relating to money. We have enough popular culture icons pervading our magazines because they are rich and famous - its time we saw an intelligent, educated, accomplished woman on the cover of Vogue who dresses with style and class and not for the attention of the paparazzi or the adoration of fans.

:innocent:

^Wow, chill. lol.

Well she got the cover already :smile:

and its just simple, US Vogue like to feature Celebrity's. No matter how much people complain, people will know that Anna will still put celebs on the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would join the haters and rage on Beyonce but as it stands,

i felt that Blake Lively was a MUCH less deserving and a much worse cover choice, so I'm under no illusions that there is at Vogue any such criteria for "deserving" anything anymore, and that the people they feature will in all likelihood not be personal preferences.

With that in mind, given that there are way worse cover options, i'm totally for Beyonce. Honestly Beyonce looks good, she's built a successful career, and she's done very daring and interesting things with Gareth Pugh etc.

life could be worse.

I live in a love hate relationship with Bey! Her multifaceted ability to rock what she does or wears (weather acceptible or not) she wears with utter panache! Go Virgos!

I stopped caring who's on the cover of US Vogue, I'm only interested in what's inside

WOW Vogue US continues to deteriorate in quality with each issue.

Beyonce is so emblematic of popular culture. Tacky and excessive popular culture that is. This is precisely why I hate her. She might be talented, hard working and 'beautiful' but has she achieved besides material success?

For one, she's on par with Paris Hilton in both class and intelligence. But most importantly, her songs could not be any more superfluous or unintelligent if she tried. She is like the antithesis to feminism!

And I know this is a judgmental but I'm sick of seeing these women being rewarded with covers of Vogue simply being they "sold 75 million records" or because they are in a $200,000,000 film by Spielberg.

The way I see it is, if you're going to give the cover/feature issue to a celebrity, not because of their contribution to the fashion industry, then there has to be some kind of genuine accomplishment to their story, not relating to money. We have enough popular culture icons pervading our magazines because they are rich and famous - its time we saw an intelligent, educated, accomplished woman on the cover of Vogue who dresses with style and class and not for the attention of the paparazzi or the adoration of fans.

First of all I do respect your opinion and because I find it thought provoking I decided to quote it, but since when is the cover of Vogue or that of any magazine for that matter on equal footing with winning something of substance??? I love fashion magazines as much as anyone, and I too would love to see models on the covers, and I too find Beyonce incredibly boring and unoriginal but lets all get off our high horses and realize IT'S JUST THE COVER OF A MAGAZINE!! you don't need to find the cure for cancer to be worthy of it. I for one breathe a sigh a relief whenever it's not Gwyneth, Renee, or Nicole.

We have enough popular culture icons pervading our magazines because they are rich and famous - its time we saw an intelligent, educated, accomplished woman on the cover of Vogue who dresses with style and class and not for the attention of the paparazzi or the adoration of fans.

you got that with the Michelle cover:innocent:

She looks pretty.

It's always the same, as soon as a Vogue US cover comes out, everybody is p*ssed because she or she is not deserving. People hate Vogue US's celebrity covers, but they keep on claiming that you have to fulfill certain points to be deserving of a cover of a magazine that gets worse with every issue accordig to the same people. Huh?

Real women do have a double X chromosome. That's the secret.

I personally love it. I am a huge beyonce fan (but yes, her Oscar dress was atrocious). I'm so glad that she finally got the cover of Vogue, I think she's very deserving of this and it's been a long time in the making. Hopefully we get to see her spread soon.
Thanks for posting the cover!

WORK IT WORK IT WORK IT

oh, anna. going for a new ghetto-chic angle for Vogue?

oooh i see Booty.

Real Women have Curves?

So...US VOGUE is a men's fashion magazine 11 months out of 12? :unsure:

They did a good job with retouching - she still looks human.

The only complain I have about the cover is the darkness of it. I don't see nothing Spring/Summer about the colours.
Beyonce looks good, and it's a lot better than I expected.

F*** the haters! Beyonce looks sophisticated! What a great cover! I don't get the Beyonce hate either. Men's Vogue is on the back of this, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->