US Vogue December 2019 : Phoebe Waller-Bridge by Ethan James Green

Gorgeous cover, utterly divine! Another solid and memorable offering from American Vogue, Anna Wintour (and Ethan James Green) is on a roll. Always a pleasure to see a new face like Phoebe Waller-Bridge on the cover, love the statuesque pose and the use of the Saint Laurent here.

Family Matters
Photographer: Tina Barney
Stylist: Alex Harrington
Models: Indira Scott, Tatjana Patitz , Yasmin Warsame , Helena Christensen Sasha Pivovarova, Grace Valentine, Paloma Elsesser and their familiesIMG_1120.jpg IMG_1121.jpg IMG_1122.jpg IMG_1123.jpg IMG_1124.jpg IMG_1125.jpg IMG_1126.jpg IMG_1127.jpg IMG_1128.jpg IMG_1129.jpg
US Vogue Digital Edition

Youth Do
Model: Caroline Trentini
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Make-up by Pat MacGrath
IMG_1141.JPG
A Whole New Story
The Cast of West Side Story by Ethan James Green
IMG_1146.JPG

Show of Hand
Model: Imaan & Aicha Hammam
Photographer: Zoë Ghertner
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson

IMG_1132.jpg IMG_1133.jpg IMG_1134.jpg IMG_1135.jpg IMG_1136.jpg IMG_1138.jpg IMG_1139.jpg IMG_1140.jpg

US Vogue Digital Edition

Show of Hand is beautiful, I only wish there was more of it!

Bag of Tricks
Model: Adut & Winniy Akech
Photographer: Erwin Wurm
Stylist: Alex Harrington

IMG_1147.jpg IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1142.jpg IMG_1149.jpg IMG_1144.jpg IMG_1143.jpg IMG_1155.jpg IMG_1145.jpg IMG_1156.jpg
US Vogue Digital Edition

I love the new editorial direction Anna is working on...Fresh and lovely! Good choice of new photographers and established ones like Tina Barney for this issue.

Obsessed with 'Bag of tricks' editorial!!! So fresh and so cool. Something that I'd expect to see at Vogue UK so very pleased to see it in Vogue US.

Bag of Tricks and Show of Hand are fabulous and fresh, more of that please; Family Matters is that classic Vogue US editorial that offsets the rest, and Caroline just looks gorgeous. A very solid December issue all in all.

"Family" is a safe subject in these times when magazines don't want to be seen as stepping out of line with social issues.

Hate everything inside. Everything feels so sterile and lifeless, with no connection to original aesthetic of American Vogue. This is Vogue Mexico at best!
The editorial with bag is absolute nonsense, it's hideous. Imaan's is indeed quite beautiful, but it doesn't feel like Vogue US to me! It's rather odd how Anna seems to be returning to her original glory with the covers, but editorials seem more distant than ever, something that's more of Edward's cup of tea. Family matters looks like Tatler or something. It's all just very bad, I'm not a fan.

Love that shot of Caroline. Love the editorials. I like this direction. I think there's no reason why Anna should try and emulate testino and demarchelier days. The use of young, new photographers is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkshowgirl
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->