US Vogue December 2019 : Phoebe Waller-Bridge by Ethan James Green

Love « bag of tricks » and the Immaan and Aïcha ed!
Placing a shoe on the models head is considered “styling”?!
Yes, if you use Schiaparelli as a point of reference....

These days, with cost-cutting, there seems to be one studio-shot editorial in US Vogue that's really basic, but it gets sold to us on the basis that the idea is special, and it's American Vogue, so of course it's a cut above.

But for me, 'Bag of Tricks' on the same level as that nonsense with Gigi on the trampoline from the September issue.

I imagine there'll be more of these "white space, waste of space" editorials.

^I'm with you @[B]HeatherAnne[/B] - and it's a real shame after such a fabulous cover. The review did fail to excite me but I was willing to hold out and reserve judgment until the images came to light. However, the issue really is an absolute snoozefest. Sterile and lifeless indeed, @[B]aracic[/B].

Caroline Trentini by Daniel Jackson is the only highlight but very much doubt I will even remember the shot months down the line. Thank you, nevertheless, for providing us with the uploads @[B]TZ001[/B]!

This issue is more boring than not but I appreciate the main ed and Imaan's edit actually look like US Vogue editorials. God knows magazines like Vogue Italia don't even look like professionally edited magazines and end up resembling printed out tumblr feeds most months out of the year.

Got mine today and the cover has pleased me just as much in person as it did online. It really is simply stunning and so utterly gorgeous for this time of the year. Zero, zero complaints about the cover over here.

I did notice the magazine now costs £8.50 here in the UK, but it scanned through on the self-service at WHSmith for £7.95 (the price of the issue last month). I’m also thankful the obnoxious ‘American Edition’ sticker is absent from copies imported here this month too. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->