US Vogue November 2019 : Rihanna by Ethan James Green

I never thought I would say I truly love any US Vogue cover because of all the horrendous covers Anna has put out this year but this one is a great exception.

The image is perfect, Rihanna looks stunning (not a surprise) and it’s not too messy with the cover lines, as US Vogue covers usually are.

Editorial’s a little underwhelming, though...

LOVE everything about this! the color scheme, the layout, the styling, her expression, the lightning. I think that the editorial is kinda meh but the cover makes up for it :D

LOL @Vogue for always slyly hustling a product with the empowerment gimmick on their coverline: Rihanna on fearlessness, Fenty and finding love.

What a beautiful follow up to October's stunning Olivia cover!

This is stunning, it’s probably the best Vogue US cover in a while! I love the dark, glamorous feel. For the first time in a long time I’m really excited to buy this. Should’ve been their September issue

LOL @Vogue for always slyly hustling a product with the empowerment gimmick on their coverline: Rihanna on fearlessness, Fenty and finding love.

Give them props for their consistent alliteration though! Lol. It's one of the most underrated British skills and it's been proven to actually work in print media. At least over here. Not sure how Americans respond to it though.

Give them props for their consistent alliteration though! Lol. It's one of the most underrated British skills and it's been proven to actually work in print media. At least over here. Not sure how Americans respond to it though.

Oh always. Always admired Anna (the 3 new As..) ...For her business savvy, that is.

She absolutely excels at that accessible catalogue aesthetic that brings in the commoners. And as I’ve always praised her for— she’s been so consistent at it for over 30 years.

The elements worked perfectly this time and I like the third shot, but my God, I'm positively fed up with seeing this woman on American Vogue.

Happy for Ethan scoring his first US Vogue cover though. And the fact that he didn't compromise too much.

I couldn't agree with you more. She seems to get annual US Vogue covers.....give it a rest in 2020!!

I agree with Marc that this has that iconic Afghan Girl in Nat Geo vibes. I love the cover, the color scheme, Rihanna's stunning face and that thing she's wearing in it. The editorial is also very strong with a good direction and a history to tell. Overall this looks very promising, let's wait for the rest of the content.

Great cover but would prefer if they waited until the album dropped.

.... but would prefer if they waited until the album dropped.

Maybe she's waiting for Adele to drop hers first. Probably doesn't want another Anti on her hands. Lol.

Wow, what an incredible cover and not only because of Rihanna who is one of the most gorgeous women ever! Everything works here! The color scheme, the lines, the composition. And I'm always happy to see new names shooting for Vogue, it feels fresh. I hope the content will be good! That Kaia interview sounds like she will get one cover too one day and that will make her complete the big 4.. I'm here for that!

An incredible, simple, straight forward cover. Brings back memories of photographers long gone.

However I agree with everyone else: That inside editorial leaves a LOT to be desired. Quite shocked Ethan shot those images.... He can do much better.

As for "Rihanna AGAIN?" Well... she SELLS. She gets attention. Vogue is a business first and their goal is to make money. She's one of a handful of women who are guaranteed successes on the cover. (Obviously Beyonce and Taylor Swift are others.)

Don’t get the praise here at all.

Unfortunately its the same here. Its beautiful but I get more of a Nike ad vibe than a classic portrait. Love the shot with the flowing dress int e editorial something very strong bout it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->