US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

^^Normally, I don't scan editorials for models but there are a couple of edits that I find to be very beautiful that I might actually consider it.

The Jessica Stam edit is really funky and weird.I don't know how to describe it except that she's got orange eyeliner in her eyes and there is a car covered in fur that shows up in most of the pics. Its a lot dumber than it sounds.

But I think the edit that everyone will like is the Sasha Pivovarova edit. She's wearing a lot of summertime outfits and is smiling in every photo. I don't know why but it brought a smile to my face. This is the edit that I will probably scan.

:shock:

just curious, how many pages is the Stam editorial?

^^Normally, I don't scan editorials for models but there are a couple of edits that I find to be very beautiful that I might actually consider it.

The Jessica Stam edit is really funky and weird.I don't know how to describe it except that she's got orange eyeliner in her eyes and there is a car covered in fur that shows up in most of the pics. Its a lot dumber than it sounds.

But I think the edit that everyone will like is the Sasha Pivovarova edit. She's wearing a lot of summertime outfits and is smiling in every photo. I don't know why but it brought a smile to my face. This is the edit that I will probably scan.

:shock:

^hhhmm, with your description of stam's edit, i think it looks good. :D please scan it. :smile: can't wait to see sasha's! :smile:

wow,this is testino's best ed in the recent vogue us issues

kroqjock, would u mind scanning "Pale Fire" & "Trust Me", if it isn't too much of a trouble & bother? :flower:

Testino's done that same type of edit over & over for UK Vogue. Nothing new here at all.

'I love the Nightlife' is fantastic for US Vogue. So pleased to see Anna S and Natasha P!
Raquel is in this issue a lot.. US Vogue sure does love her.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the content. Fantastic line up of models in this issue.
thanks for the review and scans :flower:

Mario Testino's ed is such a crap. it's really weird to come up with such images having a casting like this. the styling is just hideous. and almost all the girls look bad. i don't know what happened to them. but holy Toledo!..

honestly, i do not like testino's "i love the nightlife" edit. though good casting of models. and what on the earth daniel radcliffe was doing there? :lol: :D

Honestly, i don't like Testino's ed, it's plain and to a point of a bit of cheesy :ninja:

I got a feeling he barely took an hour to shoot the whole story

Why is Harry Potter in one image and why is that image all blue? :huh::unsure::o:blink:

I'm kinda pissed that Meisel isn't in this big issue, makes me wonder whether it's worth buying.......I'm honestly super interested for Leibovitz ed (I know everyone hates her, but her fashion eds are often so gorgeous) and Demarchlier with Sasha, Liya.

I don't really like Testino ed, it's so typical of his style, glad to see Edita though (can't say the same for Selezneva though :ninja:)

Can't wait to see Karen's ed! Also the other eds sound great, though I don't like the Testino ed that much..
Thanks for the review, kroqjock :flower:

Why is Harry Potter in one image and why is that image all blue? :huh::unsure::o:blink:

i don't know ....
but i remember a similar ed with Carmen Kass, Frankie and Karen ... not sure it was Testino, though ...
it was shot with Hollywood celebs (but not the today kinds ...... more like real Hollywood celebs ... Hugh Hefner, cinema people etc.)

and MMA is right Testino has done this kind of eds all around late 90s early 00s .... when he was promoting the jetset Gucci club with Carine Roitfeld ......... in every Vogues ....
and kapusta is right .... the ed is crap !

Why does Raquel have to be in 3 eds in one issue? Does Vogue want her face to be synonymous with the magazine and expect its readers (who are not model experts) to actually recognize her? I appreciate her as a model, but 3 eds in one issue? I think its time to try out some new talent....

The Testino ed. is extremely disappointing and it could have been spectacular:( He can do this kind of shoot in his sleep.....and quite obviously did:ninja:
A waste of some great models and very sloppy IMO.:o

I don't who the stylist of that nightlife editorial is but he/she ruined Karlie Kloss in her solo shot. That gorgeous Jil Sander fringe dress paired with those wild,tribal Louis Vuitton heels??...to make matters worse they gave her a black wig :shock:

Mos Def (rapper/actor) is in this too. Just so strange to see him and Daniel Radcliffe in this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Rg Crandall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->