US Vogue October 2009 : Michelle Williams by Mario Testino

So unexpected and bad cover at the same time... I've also thought the dress was Erdem.
It seems to be a boring issue... I was hoping for a couture ed (at least two pics) shot by Penn :(

Preview of French Open
Model:
Karlie Kloss
Photographer: Althur Elgort

rockthetrend

What do these people get paid for? How is it possible that they couldn't find an another shot or make one....really...

But I do like that Anna chose her for the cover!

Like that Mia farrow look, but more importantly it's nice to see a fresh face on the cover, they've done a good job of that this year.

I definitely like the choice of Michelle-even though it isn't a great shot, and it would have been better not only using one of the Erdem dresses, but if it was pulled further away so we get more of her. It also seemed to be text overload to me, but it's really just the ginormous font that they used, so if they had just shrunk it a little I'd be okay.

And it's also good that they put in the mammography banner (even though I hate those cereal box banners) as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so it's a very timely choice.

wow! that preview of Karlie's ed is fantastic!!! love that Dior Haute Couture shot. she looks elegant. can't wait to see the rest. :smile:

I really like Michelle's ed, as well as the model previews. Will buy this for sure!
I'm still not sold on the cover...again I think it's just an odd pose/composition.
I also think that she's wearing a wig for this as her hair has grown out alot now?
So the Sedgwick/Farrow reference is probably very deliberate.

You guys wanted a new face? You got it!
She looks amazing, love the colors. So Octoer for them.
Editorials sound promising.
Such a smart, unexpected cover choice!

i really like the cover, it's soft looking. this was probably done a long time ago, cuz michelle has longer hair now. I think the inside is going to be amazing. can't wait!

I'm going to go ahead and start scanning some stuff if that's alright with you guys :P :flower:

puuuuhhh lease do! tired of all this bashing of the cover. get to the editorials!

"French Open"
ph. Arthur Elgort
fashion editor: Grace Coddington
source: scanned by me

Enough already with the Tennis players Anna :lol:

Monfils is a sweetie though!

Thanks for the scans OS :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
The tennis player IMO added nothing to the story. Karlie looks AMAZING as always......but the styling was lacking, I wish they would have picked the more dramatic pieces from each collection. ( Note the heavy use of Lacroix....a nod to his departure?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->