US Vogue's "The Return Of The Supermodel"

Originally posted by PradaP+Jun 1st, 2004 - 2:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PradaP @ Jun 1st, 2004 - 2:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LibertyRose@May 31st, 2004 - 7:59 pm
7. Carolyn Murphy (cough cough)
whyyyyy :wacko: [/b][/quote]
well she is known as the Vogue cover girl . Carolyn is so boring. :wacko: :wacko:

i agree this generation has only 2 super models, gisele and karolina. Theres a second level of natalia, liya, carmen... who get all the contracts and stuff but are still virtually unknown to the everyday person.

I dont think we should expect pple like isabelli, elise, julia stagner or even daria. Anyway i can tbe 100% sure but thats my thought.

I m very sure of Naomi, Karolina, Gisele, Natalia, Eva H, Linda E, Kate Moss, Carmen Kass, ..pro..ba..bly erin wasson ....

I am so excited about this, whether we have any respect left for US Vogue or not, they are still influential and I am so glad Anna has stepped up...finally. While I would love to think the homage is the beginning of the new era, something tells me she just temporarily ran out of starlets.

1. Gisele
2. Karolina
3. Natalia V.
4. Daria W.
5. Liya K.
6. Erin W.
7. Karen E.
8. Naomi C.
9. Linda E.
10. Carolyn M.

I agree that there are no more "supermodels" in the sense that they are household names, but I think Vogue is going to try an even mix of the superstars and the fashion superstars that they feature in their editorials.

Just look at this... ! :o From 1992.

vogue_us_04_1992.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 31st, 2004 - 2:45 pm
To be totally honest, I really don't see our generation as having any true "supermodels"...
:unsure:
i agree...
just a ploy to sell magazines...
still happy to see models...

purplelucrezia! That cover is great! Consecutive celeb covers are sooo boorrrring!!!
Some covers are ok, I loved Uma Thurman's recent W cover and there have been a few other celebrity covers that catch my eye but when you have the choice between "I appear in a magazine every month so I can complain about having to struggle to keep my private life quiet and just to steer away from the tabloids a bit I go and name my child Apple" and J-Lo, I just want to scream.
Yay for the mod covers! :P I wouldn't be suprised if Gemma appeared on the cover... but I'm expecting to see Gisele, Karolina, Kate, Eugenia, Natalia, Naomi, Linda and Liya.

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:39 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:39 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@May 31st, 2004 - 2:45 pm
To be totally honest, I really don't see our generation as having any true "supermodels"...
:unsure:
i agree...
just a ploy to sell magazines...
still happy to see models... [/b][/quote]
i have to disagree. I believe Gisele, Karolina and Carmen Kass to some level have attained the supermodel level.

btw the pistol in my siggie is supposed to scare anyone that tries to disagree with me!!~~

Your avatar is pretty scary too. That girl was amazin' in Kill Bill Vol 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->