V#30 Fall Preview 2004 : Alicia Keys by Mario Sorrenti

Reaction score
from models.com

V30-COVER.jpg

Alicia Keys Ph by Mario Sorrenti. V 30 Fall Preview 04

The first big Fall book is here and V bolts from the blocks with a definitive Alicia Keys cover. Apart from a major fur spread starring Daria/IMG,Lilly Donaldson/Select turns it on for David Sims in the "New Order" editorial. And then there is V's ever forward art coverage, this time focusing on LA's vibrant scene. Of course, punters will be scanning the front of the book for the FW04 ads and all we have to say is Gisele Budchen/IMG for Valentino is looking very legendary right this minute.

The cover is okay. Models.com always loves to lick V's boots. Further previews are up at www.vmagazine.com and the Lily Donaldson ed looks quite nice, as does Daria's. The Terry Richardson spread "Pixies", however, looks rather sad and drab.

I think it is important to note, however, that this is V's third black celebrity cover in a row! :clap: Nice to see a bit of courage still exists in the industry.

The lighting doesn't really flatter Alicia, it makes it look like her face is swollen which sucks cause she's a pretty girl.

its a bad and good cover. they are closing @ the cafe i ll explain tomorrow goodnight everyone

thanks chick.

OK i guess......even if i try i cannot be impressed with v :doh:
the colors are nice tho.

:clap: :clap: :clap: for Alicia Keyes being the 3rd black celeb. The picture is really hiding her beauty and cover potential. They could have taken more striking photos. Still nice try...... although i'd never heard of V b4. Does anyone know whether they sell to the UK market?[ :flower: /COLOR]

Originally posted by Spike413@Jul 31 2004, 03:29 PM
The lighting doesn't really flatter Alicia, it makes it look like her face is swollen which sucks cause she's a pretty girl.
[snapback]319309[/snapback]​

Thats what I thought!

Am I the only one who thinks Alicia looks good on the cover?! :wacko:

The cover is boring and the shot of Alicia just doesn't do her any justice at all.

Its OK, but I'm not one who thinks Alicia is pretty, so I didn't expect much.

Originally posted by Stacy@Aug 5 2004, 04:41 AM
she makes me feel boring
[snapback]321960[/snapback]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: i completely agree

I love alicia, she is so god damn beautiful, but i agree this cover doesn't do her justice at all imo. :flower:

"The Diva Inside"
Model/star: Alicia Keys
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Andrew Richardson

Cover (HQ)

alicia-keys.net

God this brings back memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member