Vanity Fair April 2009 : Jonah H., Paul R., Seth R., & Jason by Annie Leibovitz

lolol! Tom ford played to perfection!! who r the pple in the ed? other designer spoofs?

I actually laughed at loud when I saw that first pic, I think they should have used that as the cover:lol:

Paul Rudd is so hot:heart:
Tina Fey should have been there too but since she had a VF cover already I guess it's ok..

:lol: That first image is hilarious. The rest of the editorial is good too. It would have been funnier if the Tom Ford, Scarlett, Keira shot was used for the cover but I think the actual shot used for the cover is juts fine.

I love this whole thing. Personally I hated the original Tom Ford cover and I'm considering buying this! The edits of all the other comedians are sensational, and I love the cover :lol:

Ah ha! I laughed out loud when I saw that.
They really should have used it for the cover shot, it would've been such a classic.
The only person missing is Michael Cera...

Table Of Contents

Features

118 RETHINKING THE AMERICAN DREAM
Everyone wants “the American Dream,” but do we even know what that means anymore? While the phrase was coined only in 1931, by historian James Truslow Adams, the idea has taken many forms: the individualism of the Wild West, the social compact of the New Deal, the suburban rewards of the G.I. Bill, and the hyped-up materialism of recent decades. As many declare the dream in danger, David Kamp proposes a different way of thinking about our national ambition.

124 MADOFF’S WORLD
Months after the unraveling of Bernard Madoff’s alleged $50 billion Ponzi scheme, the man at the top of the pyramid remains largely a mystery. Even his revered and powerful mentors, who trusted him as a son, never saw it coming. With the help of Madoff’s friends, associates, and victims, Mark Seal breaks down the split personality—a kindly Uncle Bernie to some, a cold-eyed bully to others—that fooled so many for so long. Photographs by Stephen Wilkes.

136 AFRICAN QUEENS
It’ll be a jungle out there this summer, as Jil Sander, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, and other top fashion names go wild for animal prints and exotic floral patterns, not to mention beads, bangles, fringe, and feathers. Michael Roberts shows how hot the look can get.

WALL STREET ON THE TUNDRA
When Iceland’s alpha males saw Wall Street bankers raking in the billions, they dropped their fishing nets and dived into finance with all the gusto of Vikings entering battle. It didn’t take long for them to bankrupt the world’s most developed country. In Reykjavík, ground zero of debt leverage, Michael Lewis reports on an act of collective madness that has Icelanders blowing up their Range Rovers for the insurance money. Photographs by Jonas Fredwall Karlsson.

148 THE PIRATE LATITUDES
Last spring, Kalashnikov-wielding, khat-chewing Somali pirates hijacked the French luxury cruise ship Le Ponant in the treacherous Gulf of Aden. In a showdown with the might of President Nicolas Sarkozy’s navy, the bandits came away with $2.15 million. From the terrifying attack to the clash of cuisines to the ransom negotiations, William Langewiesche explores this new scourge of the 21st- century seas. Portrait by Jonas Fredwall Karlsson.

154 LAUGHING MATTER: COMEDY'S NEW LEGENDS
Imagine Jonah Hill as George Washington, Will Arnett as Han Solo, or Seth Rogen as Frida Kahlo. Ridiculous, right? Welcome to a casting director’s nightmare, as top photographers shoot Gang Apatow and the rest of America’s comedy vanguard in unlikely character. Jim Windolf figures out why their particular brand of funny fits the national mood.

FANFAIR

61 30 DAYS IN THE LIFE OF THE CULTURE The portraiture of Edward Steichen

62 The Cultural Divide

64 Elissa Schappell’s Hot Type; Night-Table Reading

66 Private Lives—Adrian Van Anz brings L.A. up to speed

68 My Stuff—Katy Perry; A. M. Homes highlights Oribe’s new oeuvre; Molton Brown’s body therapy

Columns

74 IT’S STILL CHEEVER COUNTRY
Suburban ennui, the resurgent realm of Revolutionary Road and Mad Men, owes perpetual royalties to John Cheever, who died in 1982 with his literary powers undimmed. Reading a new biography of the author, James Wolcott taps into the turmoil behind country-club façades, including that of Cheever himself.

80 OVER THE HEDGE
Not long ago, almost any hotshot with a hedge fund could live large off his fees for beating the market. Now that many funds are stricken with losses and clients trying to pull out, they’re at one another’s throats. Separating the good from the bad from the ugly, Bethany McLean explains why there’s a future in this business.

100 LONG AGO, IN EAST HAMPTON
Norman Jean Roy and Jim Windolf spotlight the stars of the HBO movie Grey Gardens—Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange—in a second take on the haunting 1975 documentary about an aristocratic pair of East Hampton eccentrics.

102 GREENWICH MEAN TIME
Walter and Monica Noel and their five beautiful daughters were once a nice Greenwich, Connecticut, family. That was before they got rich investing other people’s money with Bernie Madoff. Vicky Ward finds them facing financial, legal, and social ruin.

VANITIES

A FIGHTING CHANNING

112 An Ed Coaster video game?; Howard Schatz captures Jeff Goldblum in character

114 George Wayne tries to outwit Rachel Maddow

116 Out to Lunch with James Gandolfini

Et Cetera

46 EDITOR’S LETTER Once More into the Void

48 CONTRIBUTORS

52 LETTERS It’s History, Boys!

71 FAIRGROUND

188 CREDITS

190 PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE
Valentino

I, for one, think it's a fantastic cover. Way to make a light of things, VF! :woot:

LONG AGO IN EAST HAMPTON
Jessica Lange & Drew Barrymore
Stylist: Jessice Diehl
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy

source | scanned by MMA

:clap: Oh you are just a darling MMA, thanks for the scans, specially that GG one, man i cant wait to see that movie, and still pissed off there is no official trailer released.:hardhead:

:clap: Oh you are just a darling MMA, thanks for the scans, specially that GG one, man i cant wait to see that movie, and still pissed off there is no official trailer released.:hardhead:

You're welcome... they said on HBO the other day only that it airs in April... no trailer yet.

:flower:

I Lllloooovvvvveeee That Tom Ford Spoof!!!! Soo Hilarious!!!! Hahaa

West Side Story photoshoot with bunch of celebs

Jennifer Lopez, Camilla Belle, Ben Barnes, Robert Pattinson, Minka Kelly, Brittany Snow, Chris Evans, Ashley Tisdale, Rodrigo Santoro, Brandon T. Jackson, Jay Hernandez, Cam Gigandet, Drake Bell, Sean Faris, Shane Lynch, Melonie Diaz, Natalie Martinez

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-07.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-08.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-06.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-05.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-09.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-04.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-02.jpg

gallery_enlarged-vanityfair-west-side-story-photos-03172009-03.jpg

source: http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/a...r_stars_jennifer_lopez_in_west_side_story.php

^That's not from the April issue. It is a web exclusive only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->