Versace S/S 2020 : Jennifer Lopez & Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Yeah no. This cheesy 2000s sci-fi thing they have going on here just makes no sense. When you need to sell the nostalgia of your own brand to stay relevant. The irony.

^the whole entertainment industry is surviving on nostalgia so why not fashion? :lol:

Why not JUST JLO?

do you think they signed something with Kendall and couldn’t not have her?

I wish it was JLO and a Male Celeb and just have two people who are kinda amazing.

weird.

Check Mert’s insta story today, he’s really rubbing his private parts into a puddle of panty pudding over the reception of this campaign, seasoned with a shirtless selfie of course. God he’s revolting.

Best thing about this? The old logo is back!!!

Why not JUST JLO?

do you think they signed something with Kendall and couldn’t not have her?

I wish it was JLO and a Male Celeb and just have two people who are kinda amazing.

weird.

I wonder that too. I began to suspect, before the actual show happened, that this would be the Versace campaign she booked. What threw me off course was when the show did happen & they had JLo up their sleeves. But for the past year & half or so Kendall has skipped participating in nearly all of fashion month but has flown to Milan to walk Versace. She’s worn Versace on multiple major talk show appearances, several outings, and to the met gala when she previously wasn’t spotted in the brand so frequently.

Check Mert’s insta story today, he’s really rubbing his private parts into a puddle of panty pudding over the reception of this campaign, seasoned with a shirtless selfie of course. God he’s revolting.

:rofl:

I'd get it if it were hardcore critics who praised the campaign, but I mean, it's Anna Dello Russo. She backs anyone or anything Italian on principle. Her endorsement carries zero weight imo.

And yes, he's beyond revolting.

I AM SO HAPPY... Finally, after years of waiting. I'm love with this campaign, sad that it wasn't with Meisel but it seemed to be the right way to go!

What I ask myself is: Did Jennifer want to work with M&M or Meisel didn't want to work with her and Kendall?

Jennifer is working it and that shot with the green dress is heaven!

I think Kendall looks good enough, her printwork is finally improving at a faster pace since last year

Geezus, did someone tell her she’s going to die or it’s going to be over soon?

Poor thing went into overdrive mode this past year and is all over the place. She’s a jack of all trades but master of none. She’s very hard working and ambitious but needs to focus, gather herself and deliver quality. She doesn’t really seem to have anything substantial to say or present in her so called “art”, just picks all these projects that she thinks are trendy and hope something sticks.

Her music is basic trash and revolves around words like party, dance, club and love. Her movie roles are panned rom coms, one performance that looks decent since everything else she’s delivered has been horrible does not warrant awards. She’s 50 years old, not saying this to be agist but it’s natural by that age you would think someone would have something substantial to say or contribute.

Great gowns, beautiful gowns indeed.

Was Mona supposed to be a part of this?

She’s a jack of all trades but master of none.

That's always been her gameplan - appeal to the masses. Generic music, generic perfumes, generic movies. Being rather bland but broadly successful IS her talent.

And it's paid off for her - a self-made woman with no shortage of money, who continues to work at a high-profile level in the entertainment industry into her fifties. Why would she suddenly decide to be focused and arty?

She probably believes people's pity is best reserved for the artists who end up with no money at the end of their careers. No shortage of those in the world.

Last edited:
^ e commerce, not the campaign...Ambar's also a part of that.

God, the e-comm images look so dreary and depressing!

I don't really understand the casting of Kendall when you have Jennifer Lopez and I I find the presence of her face to be out of place in the menswear images.

I don't really understand the casting of Kendall when you have Jennifer Lopez and I I find the presence of her face to be out of place in the menswear images.

Agreed, I almost feel that Versace was insecure to let J Lo hold the campaign on and that they needed Kendall to cater to the young Millenials/Gen Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->