Victoria Beckham (Denim, Dresses, etc.)

She was at the Marc Jacobs show wearing her own dress (what? Jacobs is her friend he wont mind :P ) it looks very well made and flattering, but i loveee the women she named that she would wish to wear her dresses, that really surprised me.^_^

hair07.jpg

hair011.jpg

ZigazigHa

^ The only thing that's bothering me about that dress is the bust. There's a point at the apex.

I'm guessing that it's intentional, since it's not difficult to eradicate that sort of problem. But it still bothers me because it looks like a mistake.

^^That is true and i noticed it on the models aswell, its intentional i think but it looks sloppy and not well executed.

As far as celeb lines go, at least this looks like actual fashion. But it's definitely Roland Mouret and L'wren Scott's bastard child....a good looking one, but a bastard none the less.

I guess it does, but that's not neccessarily a good thing. Not when you can blatently tell that there isn't a great deal of innovation behind the work (...subjectivley, to me). Like you just said, it's following like a shadow behind other designers- Few seasons worth of Mouret condensed into a few dresses and another reminds me of Alaias earlier stuff but everyones jumped on that bandwagon anyway.
Very similar to the things she already wears and owns that she's modified slightly, added a few embellishments to and is debuting as a fashion line.

So is she herself designing? Or is it someone elses work with her name?

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it, tho there is like same design in different colors/detailing repeating more than once... lazy lazy Mrs Beckham

Wow, I'm REALLY dissapointed in the complete collection. I loved the first two pieces I posted last week, but not the rest. They're all variations on the exact same dress! I wish she would've been a bit more daring and incorporated some original design into it.

i like it, tho there is like same design in different colors/detailing repeating more than once... lazy lazy Mrs Beckham

The pictures i posted, and i should have said that, are repeats of the same design, just in different colours, there was only 10 dresses.I think she did wodnerful for her first collection, all dresses are beautiful and i dont think its "following behind other designs" like Lacroix said, to me she managed to put her spin on it and make it original and yes she designed it.But this is not even Ready To Wear, its just a 10 dresses collection, so she will have time to evolve, and she should take her time.

I don't hate it. In fact, I think it looks nice. My problem is that there's only 15 looks to begin with, but then there are like 3 variations for 5 different designs. So, I guess my beef is with calling this a "line".

I agree on the comments about the bust line. I count ten distinct looks (a couple shown in multiple colorways) from the pictures shown. If anything, I think (despite my earlier comments) that her work kind of embodies Carolina Herrera's pretty elegant ladies who lunch. I also wonder how much of it is her own. I could see it going either way to be honest. And quite frankly, good for her (if she is designing), to start small and dip her toes in the water. I don't want a collection of a million pieces, earrings, ugly bags, jeans, hats, fanny packs, etc. She should start small and then build a collection from there. Assuming, of course, she is designing....

ALL the dresses look pretty much exactly like Roland Mouret from some years ago.

I dont know in my opinion, since she's still green in the business (not fashion in general, but in designing), I think she wants to play it safe a little bit not because she's lazy but because she just wants to know where she's standing at the moment.. But having said that, this collection neither excite nor disappoint me. As far as celebs lines go, Jovovich Hawk provide far more individual pieces, but that's just my 2 cents... I guess we have to wait and see how this line will develop in the future

I agree on the comments about the bust line. I count ten distinct looks (a couple shown in multiple colorways) from the pictures shown. If anything, I think (despite my earlier comments) that her work kind of embodies Carolina Herrera's pretty elegant ladies who lunch. I also wonder how much of it is her own. I could see it going either way to be honest. And quite frankly, good for her (if she is designing), to start small and dip her toes in the water. I don't want a collection of a million pieces, earrings, ugly bags, jeans, hats, fanny packs, etc. She should start small and then build a collection from there. Assuming, of course, she is designing....

Good points, I DEFINITELY agree with the last part.

Does anyone know who`s that model in 3rd pic ( white v-neck and black skirt ), which Miss Dalloway posted?

I agree among others that there could be little more variation in her collection, but I still like all her designs. Very Victoria(=lady )-like

Though I know haters like to throw salt, I think the Victoria Beckham collection was one of the best ones at fashion week. It really embodied the New York feel; chic, elegant, timeless, the anti-trendy.

Though I know haters like to throw salt, I think the Victoria Beckham collection was one of the best ones at fashion week. It really embodied the New York feel; chic, elegant, timeless, the anti-trendy.
I totally agree, classy and elegant all the way. Now if only I could afford them :D

Victoria Beckham Collection

http://www.victoriabeckhamcollection.com/

Victoria Beckham is launching today her first collection of dresses. It will be presented on Wednesday 3 December at Selfriges.

from popcruch:
The Victoria Beckham Collection, the line of high-end dresses designed by former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, were presented during a private showing as part of New York Fashion Week Spring 2009 earlier this week.
Featuring ten styles in black, navy, cream, cobalt, and flesh-tone, each Victoria Beckham original is cut, seamed, and contoured into the perfect hourglass figure.

link from style.com of the pictures of the dresses: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2009RTW-VBECKHAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->