Victoria Beckham (Denim, Dresses, etc.)

thank you. she looks great in the white jeans and i do love the green and white bag.

i like the perfume bottles, the first more than the floral one. but both look good. the products are looking great. thanks for posting.

thanks for everything Miss_D! :flower::flower:

I really admire the approach Victoria has taken with her line.. instead of other celebrities who throw things out, you know she just takes all her time on this line. This is her one and only job now so it is her total focus just like a real designer and unlike a celebrity with a CD and movie out at the same time...

In my opinion, she can go as far as she wants with this line as long as she continues to take it slow and build it properly...

Miss Dalloway, those latest Thavas still are gorgeous!!!

Those shots of her face when she's not looking at the camera are out of this world, she is so beautiful. Thanks for posting!

thanks for everything Miss_D! :flower::flower:

I really admire the approach Victoria has taken with her line.. instead of other celebrities who throw things out, you know she just takes all her time on this line. This is her one and only job now so it is her total focus just like a real designer and unlike a celebrity with a CD and movie out at the same time...

In my opinion, she can go as far as she wants with this line as long as she continues to take it slow and build it properly...

I completely agree with you! I think this is really 'her' line, as opposed to celebrities who just sort of slap their name on their lines. And this is her REAL passion, fashion is in her blood, she is fashion and style.
I like that the is taking all the time she needs, she is not following anyone else's vision, this is her project. I can't wait to see the end result.

^^She took her time to devlop her company with the right pace, she could have had a Fashion Show like all other celebs 5 years ago when she opened her brand.

So yes she did take her time.

Victoria really is a savy buisnesswoman and i love the fact that she is developing her company slowly and with good pace.She started with designing jeans for Rock & Republic then went on her own, put out sunglasses line, fragrances, make-up line designed bags for ST, put her own jeans out and now 5 years later after millions earned she can move on and will release her line of dresses in the fall.

The best thing is that she didnt run and have her fashion show like every celebrity out there but she took her time and as a result her product is sold in best boutiques in the world, its impressive that her line is carried by Saks, Henri Bendel, Maxfield, Fred Segal, Collette, Harrods.etc

Thank you, I so agree. She's taken her time and has worked hard to get where she is. She seems to really be into her work and not just take a laid back approach and let other people make the decisions.

I do love the look of the jeans, they look great on Victoria and her friends.

Thank you, I so agree. She's taken her time and has worked hard to get where she is. She seems to really be into her work and not just take a laid back approach and let other people make the decisions.

I do love the look of the jeans, they look great on Victoria and her friends.

I also very much like the jeans. I'd much rather her take a lot of time and focus on cut and quality, rather than quantity.

Thanks, Miss Dollaway!^_^ You've been a great contributor to this thread!!:flower: I really love to see how her brand grows in the over time...

The Victoria Beckham Collection

victoriabdressesfs8.jpg

victoriabdresses2td9.jpg

Only two so far. Here's the article from WWD:
NEW YORK — Victoria Beckham’s first dress collection stays true to her style.

The line, previewed exclusively to WWD, clearly follows the former Spice Girl’s fashion mantra. The 10 looks are tailored to the body, made with fabrics such as basket-weave cotton, fine gazar and georgette silks and have touches of Indian embroidery and hand-sewn beading.

“The collection was inspired by the femininity and sophistication of the midcentury silhouette,” Beckham explained. “I’ve always been drawn to intricate, seam-detailed designs, as their structure enhances the flattering shape of a woman’s silhouette.”

And, with a closet full of dresses from some of the world’s best designers, Beckham sure knew which details she wished to incorporate.

“I like to focus on the posture of a woman and how she holds herself, which led me to incorporate features such as modern corsetry and grosgrain details,” she said. “All corsetry is made for comfort and support with the finest materials, and, in addition, there are finer grosgrain belts that are incorporated into the line of the softer constructed dresses to give this effect in a more subtle way, thus enabling women of all sizes to wear my dresses to create a magnificent silhouette.”

After launching her dVb label with jeans and sunglasses, the dress collection is the third fashion extension for Beckham.

Looks include a black stretch-cotton, hand-sequined strapless dress with a corseted bodice, and a black-and-white fleck cotton paneled style with topstitched shoulder panels.

“Structure is an important word to use when discussing my collection,” said Beckham, who is expected to grace Marc Jacobs’ front row on Monday. “The corsets and belts that have been incorporated into my dresses have been made in such a way that they are comfortable and supportive. My clothes are designed for women from a woman’s perspective.”

The label will say both Victoria Beckham and dVb, and the collection is priced between $600 and $1,400 at wholesale. The collection will be unveiled during private appointments next week. Company executives declined to give sales projections for the line, which targets distribution to upscale department and specialty stores.

“Dresses are very signature for me, as I have always dressed in a very feminine and ladylike manner,” Beckham said. “This collection may be new, but it’s been a lifetime in the making for me.”

Source

I'm so glad she's doing her own collection, I've always loved her style and she seems to have a good eye for detail. Hopefully she does a diffusion line if this one is successful so I can actually afford some of the pieces!

Cue the obligatory whining/moaning/complaining about celebrity lines, priveledge yadda yadda yadda...:rolleyes:

It's Roland Mouret, even the description sounds like Roland Mouret's aesthetic. Not shocking since she loves his stuff.

However, I do love how someone with such questionable taste feels confident enough to tell people how to look.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks nice, and wearable. I would like to see more
thanks for posting

Fantastic, and nothing like i thought her collection would look like, for me she has an exceptional taste and its all subjective anyway, besides she is hardly telling people how to dress.

Its also a very smart decision not to have a show straight on, but to show in private, she is on a good start, thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not feeling the first one, there's something wrong with the proportion :(

The second one looks like a piece from Victoria's closet :lol:

I think its looks great. She has great taste indeed, and although the second dress looks too much like RM, well its very Victoria i must say. I think it looks great so far, and not doing a whole media circus about it its business wise, i belive. but if she wants to be taken seriously in the business shell have to step it up. its great clothes but its been seen before.

It's Roland Mouret, even the description sounds like Roland Mouret's aesthetic. Not shocking since she loves his stuff.

However, I do love how someone with such questionable taste feels confident enough to tell people how to look.

Victoria and Roland Mouret are both under Simon Fullers wing, so maybe the PR for RM is the same for Victoria's line :D

even the poses/facial expressions are ms. posh style. but I was expecting much more casual clothing actually, so I'm kind of surprised by these dresses that I assume required a more accurate thought in the designing, though the second one is quite bland and way too severe in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->