Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2006

funkalicious

Reaction score
Excerpt from indiantelevision.com

The one-hour 2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network in December 2006, began as an Internet event in 1996 and, due to its overwhelming success, was picked-up for broadcast rights by CBS in 2001.

This year, the show moves from New York to the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles for the first time, and features top models Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Izabel Goulart, Karolina Kurkova, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Selita Ebanks, as well as some very special guests, informs an official release.

This year's fashion spectacular will feature dazzling runway segments, musical performances, red carpet interviews, model profiles and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the world's most celebrated fashion show, adds the release.

So what do you want to expect from this year's show?

Music? Theme?

What changes do you think there'll be since it's moving from the usual location of New York to Hollywood?

I don't see Heidi Klum in the list of models so yay I guess! She's over her prime.

Let the magic begin!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2002 there were European, Wild Life, Spannish & Rock Star segments.

In 2003 there were Super Hero, Bling Bling/Showgirls (I have no idea), Brazillian Party(?), Poofy Lacy Things(?)
This year was pretty band in my opinion except for the first part....

In 2005 there were Gift Box, Golden, Darkness, Russian & Candy Land segments.

So what themes do you want this year? Would you rather have more defined themes like in 2005 or would you rather have it like in 2003 where everything was around the same theme?

I think a Jazz theme would be good this year. <3 And I would love to see the same amount of details put into the 2005 show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of hoping it would like this victorian or avantgarde theme. Very black and white... but probably it wouldn't work very well for the brand and isn't what they're aiming for... maybe like a 20's theme with all that comes with that: flapper dresses, lindy-hop, beautifully made up hairdos... ah I'm looking forward to the show...

Regarding the models, I am sooo tired of K Kurkova, she's so blank to the camera it's disturbing... I would like to see Mischa Barton amongst the usual squad... that would be fresh!

ullissillu said:
I'm kind of hoping it would like this victorian or avantgarde theme. Very black and white... but probably it wouldn't work very well for the brand and isn't what they're aiming for... maybe like a 20's theme with all that comes with that: flapper dresses, lindy-hop, beautifully made up hairdos... ah I'm looking forward to the show...

BTW, I would totally dig an 1920s theme. It's a very evocative time for women and their independence, but also the fashion. :woot: At first I was reticent about how VS would make it as appealing for the guys. But, with stockings, girdles, corsets, sparkles. :woot: The again, bobbed-hair on a VS model. :blink:

Hmmm... I wonder which dates they will be taping. I can get to the Kodak theater on the Metro and it's really super close to me. I wonder what the chances of spotting some hot models or getting a quick hello would be. I think I'm just going to have to find out.

I am so excited about this I can't think.

I live in Hollywood, so this should be interesting...

But I have to tell you, I've been to the Kodak Theatre a few times, and well, the place seems kind of small. I mean, it's big enough, but does it have enough room do groove like the Lexington Avenue Armory does in NYC. The kodak is filled with seats and the stage is not as big as everyone thinks it is. I hope Alexandre de Betak and his people come up with something nice...they usually do.

I'm upset about no Heidi or Tyra. Tyra lives here, and shoots her show at CBS I think, so maybe she'll go to the show, but not participate.

I'm extremely curious about the music and theme. I haven't been disappointed yet.

cant wait for the show it has never dissapointed. Id love to see the mentioned flapper style theme, an ethnic African theme and also an aRBIAN THEMED segment with belly dancers and all that. The only thing they need to promise though is NOT to have any celebrities on the runway, its VS not US vogue strictly sexy models! They do need a few more black models though!

It is taped in early November, and the edited version (mixing the two shows, adding in backstage stuff, censoring it for television) airs in early December. They tape two shows-one where they are more serious and one with smiles.

last year they had 3 themes....Not sure exactly what they were called but here's my interpretation....A Toy soldiors kind of Chrismas theme, Russian Princess fairies (not sure if they was quite what they were goign for but they all reminded me of fairies with their beautiful fairy like wings..lol) and Candy Land ^_^

now..all these themes seemed to kind of flow into one another really well in regards to the make up and hair etc.....if the did the pin up look..that might be a bit hard to do

I'm totally for the pin up look..but what other themes would go with it..anyone have any ideas they coudl throw out??

hmm......i think maybe a navy/sailor theme would be really cute and sexy too with it if they got the costumes right and skimpy them up enough..which i'm sure they would have no problem doing

maybe a rock'n'roll theme? with skulls, big hair, guitars, and lingerie skimpier than before..just a thought....

Oh yeah! I was thinking about it too! Military boots, camouflage prints etc. I can imagine Karolina opening this segment with a gun like last year, except in a cooler fashion. :smile:

Sun_Goddess said:
I think a middle-eastern genie theme would be hot.:woot:
I like the idea of a genie-esque type theme.

The military theme seems pretty cool too!

The Rock 'n Roll/Disco theme is also possible.

ATTENTION - This thread is located in Designers & Collections - not The ETC's of the Modeling World.
If you wish to discuss the Victorias Secret Models 2006 show lineup - then that thread is here .
If you wish to discuss Victorias Secret Models in general that thread is here.

This thread will be closed and the any post that do not deal with the new collection will be moved to either of the respective before mentioned threads.

Hanne

Edited* This thread is now open again, please consider before you post, if your post would be better suited in one of the before mentioned threads. thank you :flower:

2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Here are some backstage pics:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlrdlr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->