Victoria's Secret Show 2005

le_french_mister said:
Hey,
could someone tell me the name of the song that giselle first walked on? It goes "I like the way you move" I tried looking for it, and it kept saying there is a song by OutKast "The way you move", but it doesnt sound like it.
Would really really appreciate it!!! Thanx! :woot: that song is so awsome

It's called I like the way by the Bodyrockers :flower:

Here's my rundown:

Gisele: :neutral: . I've never been too keen on her face, tho' her hair and legs looked awesome. A+ walk.

Karolina: Spectacular body; so-so camelface. She looked better than she usually does, tho'.

Adriana: Not faring too well these days, imo. Her face looked busted.

Alessandra: Scary face; great upper body; weird lower one.

Bianca: A hotter, more animalistic Adriana Lima. Good body.

Doutzen: Pretty, but cheap and vacant. Good upper body; OK lower one (legs too conical for my liking).

Selita (sp:( Tried waaaaaay to hard to look sexy. Her resemblance to Michael Jackson unnerved me greatly.

Ana Beatriz: Very pretty, very sexy, but so tall and wide-waisted!

Julia: Her body's very nice, but her smile annoyed the hell out of me! It's so duck-y and goofy-looking. Her walk was also a bit awkward.

Inguna: Cute, but too young-looking for VS.

Andi: Not right for VS, imo. Too much girl and not enough woman.

Tatiana: Pretty.

Yfke: Pretty.

Raquel: Longfaced, but surprisingly pretty nonetheless. Very good body.

Caroline W: I never really "got" her, but she did look very attractive in the show--from the neck down, that is.

Natasha: Another one I never "got", but she looked fine...I guess.

Caroline T: Cutely pretty and nicely built.

Marija: Looked kind of indifferent, like she didn't wanna be there. Either way, nice walk and very good body.

Izabel: Oy veh, this one was BAD. She reminded me of a cross between Alessandra Ambrosio and Michael Jackson :ninja: .

Heidi: It's inhumane to force a woman back onto the runway just two months after giving birth. She clearly worked her *** off to get her body back in shape, and the results were...startling.

Naomi: She's still got it at 35.

Tyra: Same ol' hokey sh*t. VS is better off without her, imo :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Selita is gorgeous... but her body is way out of proportion. She's not as tall as the other girls, but her torso is almost non-existent. She has long legs for her body, and it just looks so off... like, her hips and everything is shifted towards her upper body, and I'm not so sure that looks so hot. Long legs are nice, but so is a torso that matches.[/quote]

i see what you mean
56129756.jpg

56129868.jpg

I'm not seeing the Michael Jackson in Selita (lol) Maybe I'm just blind ^_^

Nocturnal_Antix said:
btw who was that girl? she had long jet black hair and a REALLY
tiny face? haha, what was she doing there? she looked like
she was 15... :huh:

I'm guessing you're talking about Morgane Dubled?

13.jpg

supermodels.nl

CharlottefromCA said:
I'm guessing you're talking about Morgane Dubled?

supermodels.nl

that's what i was thinking
56129773.jpg

source: gettyimages.com

i've just seen it again and natasha is really the winner... from the tv broadcast they showed clearly the image of the shoe attached to the floor, but when you see this edited version is really hard to tell when did she actually lose her shoe.. (her 1st appearance).. but she still walked and posed at the end sooooooo incredible!!
i think inguna looks terrific!!!! thats how angels really look like!!!! angels are not bitchy bombshells!!!
morgane was PERFECT!! elegant, sexy, innocent french style... such a flair!!

and I forgot to say how much I hate ANGELA!!! please, she has been doing the same stupid thing with her arms for the past 3 shows!!!!!!!

marija is amazing, but as someone said, she was like in another place... I remember how great the was in last SS05 DIOR show...

I'll stay dreaming to see miss vodianova open next year's show!! that would soooo perfect.... and why not kate?

Ariez said:
I heard Daria turned them down and claimed they didn't pay enough....

I heard that this was just a vacant rumour spread by pretentious Daria fans to compensate for her lack of invitation... :innocent:

anyway,

as far as it goes -- TYRA has done WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY more for VS than Adriana or Ale could ever dream of. She was one of the main reasons why that company grew to be so huge. and yes, those brazilian girls have ruled the catalog for the past few years, but that's only because Tyra turned her VS contract into a huge brand and she was busy doing television shows/movies, etc. These girls have nothing on Tyra, as far as success and VS appreciation go. She is THE Victoria's Secret girl, if there was one.

the show i thought was great -- but i felt that it lacked some energy. i think it's because the song choices were bland. not the songs, but the fact that they only really played 1 song for each segment. ...

remember last year how the energy would build and shift sooooooooo much when they switched songs?? when Tyra came out and the music changed to "Rockstar" by N.E.R.D ---- the runway came alive. same with Naomi was she was walking during the climax of "Slow" or KK when she came out during that Evanescence song near the end.

the music last year was just WAY better because it had different levels and layers.

PLUS, as many people have mentioned -- the camera shots were way too choppy. there were no shots longer than 2 seconds. hardly time to see the models doing what they do best - strutting their stuff.

i did think all the girls were gorgeous. especially KK. her body is insane and her walk is sooooooooo smooth and confident. she really rocked the runway.

also --- though i've been trying to avoid all these new waifish alien girls of the past couple years, this show really REALLY piqued my interest in Natasha Poly. her walk is gorgeous and she seems very genuine. plus i LOVED how she handled her shoe falling off. extremely professional. BRAVO!

TaTa said:
I think Selita is gorgeous... but her body is way out of proportion. She's not as tall as the other girls, but her torso is almost non-existent. She has long legs for her body, and it just looks so off... like, her hips and everything is shifted towards her upper body, and I'm not so sure that looks so hot. Long legs are nice, but so is a torso that matches.
i see what you mean
56129756.jpg

56129868.jpg
[/quote]

My God, you're right. She has the figure of a barbie doll.

does anyone know where I can see the show...other than the website of VS? Thankyou.

I haven't heard of any links yet.. but they should surface sometime..

You can watch the show on UPN though next week... they'll do a rerun

Natasha Poly is just amazing!! I like the part when she walked the runway wearing only a shoe! haha! (tip toe!) :lol: I didn't noticed it first but when they showed the shoe...hahah!! That was very impressive of her, a real professional on the runway.

I hate doutzen in this show!! but she looks like a sl*t. :sick:

there's an edited version of the show in www.ryoni.com. They edited the non-catwalk parts, but it included the real music from the show. :D

^^haha nice!
it looks like she's wearing an invisble show on that last one.
cause she still walked like she was wearing heels on both feet
wow good for her, i'd bust out crying and leave the stage :P

AshtonK.....yeah uh, quite the oppinionated person huh?
I thought all the girls looked gorgeous really, come on! VS has the hottest
girls in the modeling industry to say Adriana has a busted face, Ale has a scary face, Izabel to look like michael freakin jackson is..i dont know about
you guys but outrageously and most definetly ridiculous.
To say things like that, i really hope you're the hottest woman ever :huh: :yuk:

^^ i don't know what the reason was... but thanks thanks thanks she turned them down!

AshtonK; How many models in the world do you like? 2..? You complain about almost all models.

^^ i was referring to daria in my above post. i forgot to quote! :D

Ariez said:
I heard Daria turned them down and claimed they didn't pay enough....

AshtonK was really too harsh to the point of offensive. I never understood people's need to bash others. If you don't like them, then don't comment on them. I love Izabel and I think she is gorgeous and as well as Doutzen. I don't find Natasha attractive but I would never insult her.

Tyra Banks - This is the worst that she looked. I can't pinpoint what it is, maybe it's the hair, or that (supposedly fierced ) pissed look and joker smile she's sporting at the end of the runway.

Fernanda Tavarez - she starts to lose her appeal, her hair twirling-head bending at the finale cemented it.

Adriana Lima - looks like her face is the one that gains weight, not her body, LOL. Adi needs to know that she's no longer the baby of the group, Natasha/Inguna/Caroline are making her look older. She needs to learn new tricks, the "baby girl" look that she mastered are looking old!

Gisele Bundchen -She should just shut up! girlfriend can't just keep her mouth shut! Her funny remarks to KK fell flat coz KK didn't mind her! She's the best Opener, but a lot of younger girls (Natasha) are stealing her thunder!

Heidi Klum - She really can't walk. Is her body still heavy?

Bianca Balti - She almost got smacked by Ana Batriz's wings (That inconsiderate b*tch!) I can see her definitely a VS regular.

Selita Ebanks -Horrific!!! Maybe I got way too much expectations since Tyra passed her the batons, but I don't know if it's her unproportioned body or "exorcist-like head spinning performance" that traumatized me. I really am not sure!

Isabelli Fontana - No more next year. Please. Let her stay home with the baby!

Natasha Poly - Victoria's Secret, here's your NEXT TOP ANGEL. Best Walk. The Shoe incident only made her stood out and for the (2 billion worldwide) viewers remember her! When she walks passed Seal, she looks just amazing, almost gliding. And her Naughty, Cheeky grin is very infectious!
I demand an opener for this girl!!!!!

Karolina K - the quintessential VS poster girl. She's kinda getting boring though!

Doutzen - She walks funny, like she can't carry her body. Is it the Boobs or the lips?

Izabel Goulart - I heard that our dear Iza, is very well-connected to a certain VS TOP Honcho. I'm not suggesting anything, but all I can say is....she's a one smart girl.

Angela Lindvall - the finger - snapping wass sooo tired! I saw that before, ahhh yes 2003!

Over all, The show is not as spectacular as the previous ones. I think it's the Music they used. They played some songs that were used before, "Good Luck" by Basement Jaxx for example. The VS music really sets the tone for excitement, and this year they didn't deliver. "I love the way" which is a best opener, was played over and over, that it became annoying.

The best segment of the show was the Russian Theme. I Don't know if it's the Haunting Hymn or the military-style walk of Eugenia, or the fresh-faced fairies like Natasha/Inguna/Caroline but I like it the most. Snoop-dog's "drop it like it's hot" song pulled the show down from the Russian Fantasy Heaven.

Although The Brazilians dominated the show. I can see the direction VS is heading and should be. The Eastern Europeans. I agree with Vanity Fair Magazine. The Eastern Euro girls are more fresh looking and Angelic. They fit the Bill of what VS wants to convey. Sexy, but not overt, and classy!
Natasha, Inguna,Marija, Carolin Winberg,KArolina.......looked really Dream-like or very Classy and expensive LOL! Brazilians are just too out there, Adriana, Izabel, Isabelli, Alessandra, should not let their flesh hang out way too much!

And please more Runway Air-Time, Not 3 second slow-mo. I don't really like the behind the scene chaos, they're too distracting and uninteresting, it's just Gisele talking, anyways. Dedicate more time to the actual runway show, because FANS Like it, more than the screentime they gaved to Ricky Martin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbach
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->