Vogue Arabia March 2017 : Gigi Hadid by Inez van Lamweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

EN.VOGUE.ME

I love it, but I think another model should have been used.
But I guess using a big name is a good way to launch the magazine.

Very strong debut. Respectfully conservative and still sensual. Thank goodness some publications still haven’t forsaken skillful lighting, sharp composition and layout. Hopefully the content will continue the cover’s momentum instead of devolving into an expensive department store catalogue.

Gigi exudes such heat and silent-film star allure. I’d take her anytime, anyday anywhere over her sister with the only one expression.

Thanks vogue 28.

Great covers, I like the 1st one the best. Let's hope they have good content to offer behind...

Hhmm, for once I'm honestly on the fence! Both angles look quite spectacular and even memorable, but the holes in the scarf ruins it (not the scarf itself).

Gigi makes sense for them, I suppose. Even I&V, who really pulled out all the stops for these covers.

Mysterious, beautiful, expensive, and powerful, such stunning covers. I knew they will use Gigi for the first cover, but wow at I&V, so happy for them!

I hope i can get this issue!

^ Beautiful, thanks for posting.

I just realized this is Gigi's THIRD March cover this year, she is seriously reaching Supermodel status!

It had all the elements to be iconic, but the angles are odd. It's like she's fitting herself to be on frame. Waste

One thing I've noticed, is this a bilingual magazine? See how one this is in their language, one cover is in English? Even "Arabia". Please don't let it be as such.

And for heaven's sake, don't use Didot! Don't end up looking like a franchise of Harper's Bazaar.

The first two previews of Gigi could have been such stunning a powerful covers! It exudes power imo

From the preview and the cover, I feel like this is Gigi's best work yet. The cover looks great. I prefer the first angle but I really like it. Something very intriguing about it.

So in this case it's not cultural appropiation because they order it? Or how does it work?

The previews are great, Gigi looks gorgerous on the covers.

Very strong debut. Respectfully conservative and still sensual. Thank goodness some publications still haven’t forsaken skillful lighting, sharp composition and layout. Hopefully the content will continue the cover’s momentum instead of devolving into an expensive department store catalogue.

New Vogues usually do these dramatic premiere covers, with minimal coverlines and striking photos and then it devolves into the usual mediocre mess in the space of two months. I hope this one actually makes a difference, but I'm not holding my breath.

Both covers are gorgeous. Full stop.

Ooh, the purple shots would have made better covers! I prefer them over the main ones.

I'm speaking under correction here, but perhaps not many people speak English in that region.

I see Emily DiDonato! :smile:

That's what's odd with the first cover! Her head is titled but the cover is drooping. It would've been more stunning if it followed the angle of her face. It just feels like she wants to get off of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lt3motorsportz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->