Vogue Arabia March 2017 : Gigi Hadid by Inez van Lamweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Sadly that seems to be the case though... I can't remember a time when there ever was two top black models. It's like one girl gets embraced and the rest are thereafter related to B level.

Case in point: Naomi & Tyra. Not that I'm a Tyra fan at all.

Antonina's edit intrigues me because she actually looks very Middle Eastern here, something I've not picked up before. Great casting.

I looks like there will finally be a Vogue edition which will give black models their due. That will at least be a redeeming feature. I like that they've selected girls not because of stature, but suitability.

Exactly. These pages are what Essence used to look like in the 80s and early 90s if they had a Vogue budget. Love it. One of the best launch issues in ages. As has been said, hopefully they can maintain this quality month in, month out.

So how often is this edition coming out? The May issues of most other magazines are starting to appear, but there hasn't been much news about anything beyond this launch one?

On Magzter they say it has a frequency of 11 issues per year.

can we talk about the fact that the only arabia about the magazine is the text and the origins of some models? I need a vogue for arabs by arabs, am I asking for too much?

Photographer: Hans Feurer
Stylist: Azza Yousif
Hair: Maxime Macé
Make Up: Kathy Le Sant
Models: Cindy Bruna, Samile Bermannelli and Yassine Rahal

Vogue Arabia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lt3motorsportz