Vogue Arabia November 2017 : Rihanna by Greg Kadel

zzzyao76

Reaction score

EN.VOGUE.ME

Last edited by a moderator:
kind of looks like one of Rihanna's earlier reinventions although i can't put my finger on which one it is. I think it's a cool shot but doesn't feel like the cover shot.

I feel like magazines always do too much with Rihanna... she's such a beauty that a natural shot of her would be so much more striking than her in this costume. Although I don't mind the make up, they should've of just stripped everything else off. Had she been bare shouldered I would have loved this.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all the hype, this is what we get?? It's quite hideous and I'm not sure why they're so fond of that backdrop.

After all the hype, this is what we get?? It's quite hideous and I'm not sure why they're so fond of that backdrop.

Yassss That portrait studio backdrop from the 80's has got to go!

i feel like with all the resources and access provided to Vogue, they should be producing far superior quality work than this. I mean this is one of world's biggest stars and it looks like a bad Vogue cover challenge entry.

Resent the headgear gimmick, but oterhwise it's stunning, and the make-up works.

Good but not iconic, it seems something is missing.

The photoshop is out of control and totally ruins the cover, if it wasn't for that, this would have been the first time i like something Rihanna is involved in.

It looks really amateur and blurry. It's like they tried to match the headpiece with the coat with the makeup with the background, because God forbid something stands out.

Without the hideous hat it just looks like a Burberry ad from Mario Testino. Her eye makeup is beautiful.

The English-Text Cover:

The headpiece looks like a cheap Halloween getup, made presumably from plastic or cardboard. This is Vogue! They couldn't commission a Philip Treacy or Albertus Swanepoel for something special? :lol:

I honestly love everything, the makeup looks amazing in her eyes.

I love that Nefretiti's concept. And Riri is perfect for this.

Rihanna looks beautiful. She always looks beautiful.
I love the idea of her doing a shoot channeling Nefertiti,
but this looks cheap and poorly executed. For one thing
Nefertiti was an African Queen. There was nothing Arabic
about her, or any other Egyptian 3 thousand years ago.
And most egregiously, the crown looks like something from the Halloween store.
The cover would have been elevated 100 percent if she was bare shouldered.

Rihanna looks beautiful. She always looks beautiful.
I love the idea of her doing a shoot channeling Nefertiti,
but this looks cheap and poorly executed. For one thing
Nefertiti was an African Queen. There was nothing Arabic
about her, or any other Egyptian 3 thousand years ago.
And most egregiously, the crown looks like something from the Halloween store.
The cover would have been elevated 100 percent if she was bare shouldered.

I don't understand your criticism... it's not like they put an Arabic woman as Nefertiti. Are you saying Vogue Arabia should only reference Arabic culture? And if we were to go by her famous bust well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamascoTricepudo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->