Vogue China March 2009 : Anne Hathaway by Mario Testino

ph: Eric Maillet
model: Mirhe Grimmelmann

ph: Paola Kudacki
model: Jessica Miller

Scanned by me

an excellent issue with great, original editorials. too bad the cover was a reprint.

^That Jessica Miller shot looks like a re-print from an ancient VP image...

^Its a indeed a VP reprint from last year, so not exactly ancient...

Can somebody explain to me.. Is shooting a cover THAT expensive? And do they make so much more profit reprinting one? If they don't want to shoot a cover then why don't they take an image from a new editorial or something? I don't get it. :unsure:

^Its a indeed a VP reprint from last year, so not exactly ancient...

Thanks! I thought the image that appeared in VP a year ago was yet another re-print from an older issue lol.

Can somebody explain to me.. Is shooting a cover THAT expensive? And do they make so much more profit reprinting one? If they don't want to shoot a cover then why don't they take an image from a new editorial or something? I don't get it. :unsure:

It would make sense, wouldn't it? These cover re-prints are so terrible and reflect poorly on the magazine. It cheapens them in a way. And VC has such great editorials to be using cover re-prints!

i don't know about major publications as Vogue, but technically magazines can get syndicated (which is how re-prints are normally called) editorials/covers for a rather small charge or even for free. anyway it is WAY cheaper than making a shoot on their own. but in this case i guess few reasons should be considered. it's a celebrity cover which Vogue China can simply not be able to commission itself; it's done by a crew that Vogue China couldn't afford and because of the cover girl it appeals to masses and can increase sales much better than a cover with, say, Liu Wen which has much less public resonance comparing to Anne Hathaway (if any).
:flower:

OMG!!!coco looks great!!!!!!!!!
I don't like Emma Pei at all!!!!She looks sooooo boring.
thanks for scan,AJA.

Cato van Ee - Pure Power
ph: Nathaniel Goldberg; fashion Edtior: Ludivine Poiblang

*Scanned by me

Oh dear god... the styling there is amazing... the best of S/S 09 for me so far... absolutely brilliant!!

*faints*

Thank you so much for scanning Aja Mok :heart:

Cato looks gorgeous and the photography is just amazing! Thanks Aja Mok for the scans!

Oh dear god... the styling there is amazing... the best of S/S 09 for me so far... absolutely brilliant!!

*faints*

Thank you so much for scanning Aja Mok :heart:

totally agree on that. the styling is superior! and so much more fun than usual 'new season's hot pieces' routine^_^
Prada+Rick Owens and Balenciaga+Junya Watanabe looks are absolutely great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->