Vogue China September 2011 : 6th Anniversary Issue by Inez & Vinoodh

that is normal. this is the same set ...
just not really the same idea.
one is promoting Tom Ford, the other just not ...

by the way : what are the girls wearing on cover ?
and why put 6th anniversary in title and not the girls' name ?

So the only difference beeteen the two eds is the fact that Lara is wearing Tom Ford and Raquel isn't? Ohter than that they look identical to me. :innocent:

^ I agree, they look identical to me too. It's always sad when people start repeating and stop being creative.

Sort of used the same kind of backgrounds for these two eds, I don't se the problem with that and why can a good idea only be used once?

^I never said it couldn't be used again. I just said that it looks identical to Lara's ed.

^ I'm not responding to your post :flower:

Nothing wrong with using good idea more than once but why would you wanna repeat yourself instead of being creative, doing something new, fresh, exciting, something that hasn't been done before?

However, I also think that since so many different stuff has already been done, it is more tricky to do something new.

In the end, I think photography is art and I think art should be about new things, in this case showing the unseen.

that conversation is going to be a loop, and is always the same onto here.
that's getting so tiring ......

instead of looking at the similarities, try to search the difference for once, and you'll see that shooting in the same set doesn't exactly bring you to tell the same story. that's probably why Vogue US likes the plain and neutral studio shoot. The outfits (and mood, trends etc.) are first. Narrative second. It depends what you wanna show, what you wanna tell. Do you wanna coldly report a trend you observe ? Do you wanna tell a story about a particular woman ?

(.......)

that's purely ridiculous to say that because they shot with the same decoration the editorial brings nothing new.
yes, there's not really something new here, since it draws (at least, in my little eyes) the portrait of a 'desperate housewife' who finds a way to escape her life in being someone else than expected (a sort of new take on Belle de Jour). This, of course, illustrating this FW 11-12 "dress like a prostitute" being crossed with the immortal trend of the "little black dress".
so yes nothing new (eventhough nice to look at, to me, again). but a decoration doesn't really make it look old, boring or repeated. there's not only that in both eds.

In the end, I think photography is art and I think art should be about new things, in this case showing the unseen.
1/ u're not the only one who thinks that photography is art. eventhough here it is fashion photography - and once again u're not alone.
2/ that's a bit narrow-minded to want art to be (only) about new things ? what does that even mean ?
3/ showing the unseen (the invisible) ? or showing what's never be seen (or done) before ? there is a difference.

You do make some valid points, but I do not agree with you and we can agree to disagree.

^ How can you expect a photographer to do a certain ' thing' only once?
That means that Lindbergh can only shoot a model wearing angel wings once; that Newton could only shoot a powerful naked women once... It basically means that every photographer can only do a simple studio shoot only once. What you call repeating is actually a continuation of a signature style.

"for VINYL"
Ph: Victor DemarchelierM: Liu Wen

Source :
taobao.com

"Oriental Chic"
Ph: Inez & Vinoodh
St: Nicoletta Santoro
M: Liu Wen, Du Juan, Feifei Sun, Ming Xi, Sui He, Shu Pei

taobao.com

"Essence of A Woman"
Ph: Inez & Vinoodh
St: Nicoletta Santoro
M: Raquel Zimmermann

taobao.com

I'm having a flash back to this editorial from W:

larastonetomford4.jpg

fass_tom_ford_01_h.jpg

wmagazine.com

^That's what I said on the previous pages. The two eds look identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->