Vogue Germany August 2009 : Edita Vilkeviciute by Greg Kadel

^The issue is not out yet, no idea how nijuyanah got an advanced copy of the cover only (?) otherwise she would have posted a review. I like it but I like others I wish Vogue would not always match the font with the outfits. Nothing wrong with having more than two different colours on one cover in my opinion.

ETA: Good that they left the head piece out and this also needs to be mentioned, Edita has beautiful breasts.

Last edited by a moderator:
^The scan was a preview from German Glamour.

I received it today, here my review:

1. Edita by Greg Kadel (16 pages:( alot of wool and knits and of Edita's fantastic body. I think it was posted here already...

2. Femme Fatale by Patrick Demarchelier :smile:shock:! 12 pages:( Cat McNeil with heavy make-up, very naked, the Nina Ricci boots again, lots of black.

3. Es war einmal by Karl Lagerfeld: shots of regal attire in the chateau Versailles. Pretty if you like period clothes.

4. Freispiele by Knoepfel & Indleköpfer (12 pages:( the models are a bit tricky here. It's two... They might be Katy Fogarty, Constance Jablonski? They look all alike to me, please don't get excited, I'm not sure at all...Naked they are yet again. And doing yoga like this in a garden...

5. Cat Pack (6 pages:( Beauty editorial with what appears to be Fräulein Kathrin Thormann...

6. Extraklasse by Thomas Schenk (12 pages:( My, I know this girl...Might be Alyona Osmanova. Or not. They bleached her eyebrows and the hair ist stupid. The only ed without naked boobies and butts, studio ed about the most directional looks of the FW season.

Plus, there's an interview with Irina Lazareanu together with Johnny Borrell from Razorlight. Oh, and in the pics, she's naked.

The issue is themed Rock&Roll chic. I love Rock and Roll music, still I keep my bra and panties on, Vogue. I swear I have never seen so much boobs in one magazine.

Interesting ads include Louis Vuitton on the back, Gucci Prefall with Anya (we've seen that already), a new Prada shot with Ymre and blank faced girl. Maybe Kendra? She's got a mole like Ymre, too. There's Boss with Toni, Hugo by Hugo Boss with Anouck Lepère, Armani with Raquel, Bottega (not new either), Versace, a new Akris shot, Escada with Eva Herzigova, Cavalli, Valentino and Pollini with Freja Beha...New shot of Eniko for Max Mara.

Yup, think that's it. I hope somebody else can identify the newer models properly. I stopped caring after Karlie Kloss, honestly.
All in all, not a good issue in my eyes. The whole Rock theme is sooo pretentious.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more that I look at it the more I doubt it's Alyona. Her jaw is not that strong. But I know that girl! I won't sleep until I know for sure...

Hmmm so you don't recommend it then...I'll wait and see it IRL, it should be out in Austria early next week.

Thanks for the review, irulan. Sounds like a good issue.

Thanks for the review. It soun ds like a good well rounded issue.

Catherine's editorial sounds promising. Thanks for the well detailed review!

Cat Pack
Ph: Daniel Jackson
Styling: Marie Chaix

scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"