Vogue Germany August 2018 by Daniel Jackson

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

*Edit* Anja Rubik, Edie Campbell and Naomi Campbell also have covers!

Last edited:
Naomi Campbell & Edie Campbell:

Last edited:
Edie's cover is the best so far, but the purple masthead is horrible

Flashes of Twiggy with that Edie cover, she looks spectacular. Definitely the strongest of all 4 and the only one worth mentioning. Will get it purely for the cover.

They mention 13 models in the Instagram captions, I wonder will all 13 get the cover or just these 4? Anja's cover is very interesting and Naomi's so striking.

I feel like we have seen Naomi’s Cover a dozen of times. She is always styled the same way. It takes the excitement away from her new work. But then again same could be said about most Supers.

These covers look like polaroids.

Category is, Modeling Agency

Anja’s cover is interesting. Naomi’s is totally nondescript, could have been an image for any of those numerous magazines that use stock images as cover.

They mention 13 models in the Instagram captions, I wonder will all 13 get the cover or just these 4? Anja's cover is very interesting and Naomi's so striking.

Same 4 are on vogue.de
A few more names who is in this issue:

NEXT GENERATION Six young talents redefine Asian fashion design

EDIE CAMPBELL on the #Metoo debate in the fashion industry

DOUTZEN KROES on their mission to save the elephants

ANJA RUBIK on sexual education in her native Poland

TONI GARRN on her support of girls in Africa

HANNE GABY ODIELE about her life with intersexuality

ALEK WEK on her commitment as an activist for refugees and their experiences as refugees

JACQUELYN JABLONSKI about her life with an autistic brother and her foundation Autism Tomorrow

JOSEPHINE SKRIVER on her childhood with two lesbian mothers and two gay fathers

THE FEMALE LOOK Camera artists in fashion are rare. But their views are more important today than ever
vogue.de

In love with Edie's cover. I'm not even a big fan of her but she has been proving me wrong: Vogue Paris June/July first, this cover now. She looks fantastic and I love the Twiggy vibes.

It's nice to see that all models stand for a position and a cause, though it has been done by i-D already very recently with Hanne, Doutzen, Christy and so on. I hope the articles will be well written and explained even if there are many models and not something like the Miss competitions :lol:

I hope the articles will be well written and explained even if there are many models and not something like the Miss competitions :lol:

That's what I'm also thinking. I'm not going to complain about activism, it's needed for sure, what does make me somewhat suspicious is the way magazines are treating it. Like a trend. Very soon agents will arm their models with causes similar to the way they've been pushing these girls to build up a social media following. It will become, like you say, a popularity contest. Because it seems the models with causes are the ones who are mostly booking big covers and edits.

That's what I'm also thinking. I'm not going to complain about activism, it's needed for sure, what does make me somewhat suspicious is the way magazines are treating it. Like a trend. Very soon agents will arm their models with causes similar to the way they've been pushing these girls to build up a social media following. It will become, like you say, a popularity contest. Because it seems the models with causes are the ones who are mostly booking big covers and edits.

I would call it a trend. And what most models do i would not call it at all activism. It's in the same line of those millionaire housewives and their fundraisers.
Very very few models are actually putting themselves on the line, kudos to Anja( that funny enough is probably the last person that needs activism to book modelling jobs) or Waris Dirie, for speaking against their own governments and actually trying to change things from the inside.

Exactly! You found the perfect words to express something that was clear in my mind, but not on my keyboard, Benn :flower:

Edie and Anja's covers are breathtaking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->