Vogue Greece July/August 2022 : Luna Bijl by Panos Davios

^I don't think so. I find her so underrated. She's the Edita of her generation. She's perfect, but never get the attention she deserves. Only Chanel paired her with the huge names of today, like Mica, Vitto, etc. Love to see Luna scoring covers, she doesn't have a bad one.

I find it stunning. All the fashion magazines follows this nature trend since 2016 but most of the editorials are not that good because the lack of charm of the models they hire (unknows or mediatic ones) or fashion editors working in autopilot. In this case looks amazing because Luna delivers as a total pro, she's believable. Love it from start to end.

^^^ Knock-off/rip-off/tribute, it’s decent enough. If Greece were committed to an identity, this is the creative direction they should stick with. It absolutely suits them.

Unfortunate the momentum can’t be maintained for the coverstory. A few solid selects: Luna on horseback coming out of the sea is striking and surreal, and that should have set the narrative; Luna hanging on shipyard chains is passable. The remainder look like a Mango/Guess/generic department store fodder. It’s always the same with this new gen of photographers: A few promising shots with absolutely no narrative vision, and a whole lot of catalogue-level fillers. It’s all so retailer and marketing level of merchandising, rather than artistic, creative fashion vision.

Luna is a great model but something is lacking… probably the photographer skills? I don’t know.

my favourite shot is the one with the latex gloves, I think it’s a smart contrast.

I think it's a beautiful editorial, Luna kicked on every photo & i love the image with the latex dress.

ISLAND'S SPIRIT (Proper arrangement of pages/images, better colour rendering)
Photography: Panos Davios
Styling: Nicholas Georgiou
Hair: Stefanos Vasilakis
Make-up: Sophia Kossada
Model: Luna Bijl

weibo

In the worldwide deluge of the reprints (of the reprints), it's really refreshing to have this much original content in one single Vogue's issue. (ESPECIALLY having in mind it's a July/August one!).

Kudos to Vogue Greece! :heart:

Indeed. Some of these eds are too ELLE magazine, but still works for Vogue. Gorgeous summer issue.

Looks like a pretty solid issue to me!
Beautiful scenery and I love how the theme of "blue" is carried throughout.
Thank you @Zorka !! :heart:

a knockoff of natasha poly' swimpool cover for vogue paris

My sentiments exactly! Not one redeeming quality with regards to the first cover, unfortunately. The second is the clear standout, but perhaps could've done without the blue filter which cheapness the cover somewhat.

There's far better cover-worthy images from Luna's cover story. I love the softness of the shot of Luna posing against the corner of the stone building, wearing the light blue dress - which would've made a very beautiful cover. A missed opportunity when you've got Luna Bijl as cover girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsTransformedClothing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->