Vogue Hong Kong March 2019 : Gigi Hadid & Fei Fei Sun by Nick Knight

I just bought my copy today, the layout and font is a bit weird and it’s so heavy.
I don’t know why they have a few editorial is only using one brand for the entire editorial. I feel a bit weird about it, i want to see more diversity in this vogue, they keep saying being different, but I didn’t feel the different in the magazine

I just bought my copy today, the layout and font is a bit weird and it’s so heavy.
I don’t know why they have a few editorial is only using one brand for the entire editorial. I feel a bit weird about it, i want to see more diversity in this vogue, they keep saying being different, but I didn’t feel the different in the magazine

Thanks for this. Seems it's operating the same way quarterlies as Dazed and Garage do, advertorials, basically. I don't mind it if the editorial is at least properly done.

Based on what I've seen so far, certainly an impressive debut. I particularly like the shoot on the docks. Most Asian magazines are so afraid to shoot on their grittier native locations. I find that grim dock far more intriguing than the temples and lush gardens of Cambodia.

The model in the last shoot, that can't be Gigi, surely. Maybe Anna Cleveland (wishful thinking) I'm not very good at IDing. Either way, those images look great.

Has anyone found anywhere online to buy this yet? I’ve searched all day and nothing.

Wow, what an impressive bunch of editorials! Lindsey's editorial and the main one with Gigi and Fei Fei are glorious. The latter is particularly striking to me because direction-wise, it reminds me of Numero's in a sense that Vogue HK isn't afraid of being a little experimental and doesn't worry too much about the wearability of the styling.

Too bad the covers don't really match up to the images in the editorial. The picture of Gigi in a pink dress lying on the floor is one of the most indelible fashion images of this decade imo. It got me thinking, why hasn't an upside-down shot used as a cover by more fashion editors? Maybe Vogue Ukraine or Portugal should give that a try.

So... did Gigi's cover make it to newsstands in the end?
That edit with Lindsay is everything!

The generous preview is exciting me, and I’m hoping to be be proven so wrong of my initial skepticism.

I really want to support an Asian high fashion publication— especially a Vogue, and now have some hope that Vogue HK will be a high fashion standard in the grand tradition of Franca/Carine/Fabien/Patrick/Liz. But only if they’re truly about creating high fashion magic. And so far the previews are looking solid. (I have to admit I’d like to see more Asian presence— not just Chinese, but Korean, Japanese, Tibetan etc, in front as well as behind the scene for this. But once again— only if they’re true talents, and not because of identity politics.)

Thanks to all for the previews and I will be picking this up. Don’t let me down HK!

Last edited:
So I emailed Condé Nast worldwide news about two weeks ago and they said that they will be stocking Vogue Hong Kong but the date & price can’t be confirmed yet. But if you keep an eye out on their Instagram they might have it in stock soon.

I'm going to see if I can get my hands on a copy... haven't been able to find one in the newsstand just yet...

Bad covers and gorgeous eds. I mean...Lindsey is the epitome of Glamour in that ed! Bravo!

For anyone still hunting, this issue has finally hit eBay.

i find Gigi hadid's face and vibe soooo random and dull its soo sad for this generation that these boring faces that could never compete before social media are the zeitgeist

This is now available at Conde Nast worldwide news, it’s £16 and they only have the Gigi cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"