Photographer: Steve Hiett
Stylist: Giulio Martinelli
Hair: Marco Minunno
Make-up: Anna Maria Negri
Model: Nikola Romanova

Vogue Italia 04/2014 Digital Edition

Thank you Zorka for posting these..
Could u tell me if there are more fashion stories inside?
I really want purchase this issue for its magnificent cover story but I would be very disappointed to see other contents bores me death.

^You're welcome! :flower: Unfortunately, except "Suggestions" by Vincent Peters I've earlier posted here and one small story/ed with an American actress Lake Bell (will post it a bit later), this is pretty much it! Zinio digital edition I've purchased has 256 pages of Vogue regular content and about 200 pages of that boring "Casa Vogue" supplement, so, yeah, I am very disappointed as well...

LAKE BELL
Photographer: Michel Comte
Stylist: Ayako Yoshida
Hair: Sheridan Ward
Make-up: Robin Black
Model/Celebrity: Lake Bell

are there any pics by Tim Walker?

thanks so much for sharing

Unfortunately, no. (Not even the Mulberry ad this time.) "Like a Warrior" from the March issue is the last thing he was doing for Vogue Italia, let's hope there would be something new in the upcoming issues.

Btw, no need to thank me (but you're welcome anyway! :flower: :heart: ), as I said to some other member in the private message, I was lurking around for a few years, enjoying other people's hard work, so I thought it is my time - since I've got some free time and I have a resources - to pay debt to this GREAT community!

^This is such a BS! Franca's explanation of "Horror Movie" upsets me way too more then the editorial itself which is blatantly ripping off horror movies (not the best idea of selling the clothes if you ask me, but, hey, if some lady, after seeing this, is gonna spend $2.000+ on that red Moschino coat, imagining how she is bleeding to death in it, then who am I to tell you otherwise! :smile: ) and has very little to do with domestic abuse or anything remotely close to female empowerment. Simply, I think Franca and Steven did the shoot (after 30+ years in the fashion industry, of course they are bored with everyone and everything and repeating themselves is not an option!), but after realizing that feminists would be pissed as hell, Franca made this lame excuse for it. If they just had written a passage about how this editorial was a homage to classic horror movies, it still would have been an ill thought out piece glorifying/beautifying violence (against women), but at least it wouldn't be pretending to have some political merit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think both Natalie and Issa are not the perfect choice for the "horror story",especially for Issa,she didn't bring any intensity and her face looks just too much.I would love to see Kirsten Owen and Crystal Renn feature in this,since they have such a strong performance at Steven Klein's dark things.

BTW Bernd stole the show,the picture of the shining really scared me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ It's really interesting what you said about horror movies. For some reason my mind never thought of that, and yet it is true.

I see what you're saying. I also believe in magazines with a strong point of view. What I mean is that I don't think the domestic abuse stance was absolutely necessary here. It's nice that they're taking a stance, but not with this story. It seems a bit forced. And I was criticizing mostly the people who saw this as a glorification of domestic abuse - I think they read way too much into it, as the story wasn't portrayed as such. Just my two cents. :flower: (And I think the editorial was great, by the way!)

Thanks, I do see your point of view there. It sounds like it started as something else and then Franca saw and took the opportunity to use it as a platform for something else. And while I agree with you that it seems a little oblique, perhaps, for me I think it works and is a great opportunity to speak out. It doesn't need to gel on all levels for it to work, IMO. Any opportunity to speak about these things is good and I have become quite disillusioned by fashion in the sense it has lost it's voice in the last couple of years and become very commercial. I'm really very excited by what this stands for and hope to see more of it in future. I would hope that other publications could experiment with it somehow as well.

My copy has been sitting unopened for over a week. I don't know what it is but I'm unmotivated by everything the issue has to offer. I don't even find Meisel's story controversial or thought provoking, just plain tiresome for me. The feature on reflecting back on previous stories just makes me think how good we used to have it. I still remember every single image from 'Makeover Madness' and 'State of Emergency'. Maybe it's the theme of this I'm not into, I honestly don't know.. all I know if that my copy can sit for another week unopened.

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #764
Horror Movie
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Set Design: Mary Howard
Production: PRODn at Art + Commerce
Cover: Issa Lish & Bernd Sassmanshausen
Editorial: Issa Lish, Natalie Westling, Bernd Sassmannshausen
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi

Source: lookbooks.com/Streeters

I'll always be proud that the first trans person to cover VI was a mexican model. Gorgeous work.

I'll always be proud that the first trans person to cover VI was a mexican model. Gorgeous work.

I had to google this and I couldn't find anything other than a couple of questionable posts. Are you sure you're not confusing her with Natalie/Nathan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->