Vogue Italia April 2014 : Issa Lish & Bernd Sassmanshausen by Steven Meisel

This is what magazines SHOULD be doing. Interesting content that makes you want to pickup, look at and buy a magazine. No more commercial looking editorials please - More like this! Keep the advertising for the advertising pages.

Issa Lish is so channeling Wendy Torrance in that video!

First thing I thought when I saw the video. With the imagery all together it's perfect, but I get where people can see things and get a different idea from it. Not everyone is going to see the full spread or even reach to look for the video. There are going to be people that see a few pictures and get that idea of violence against women is being glorified it's just up to them to really look into it or not.

^^ I have more of a problem with Franca saying that this is about domestic abuse than with the story itself, because it would've been just fine without it. I'm sorry, but if this story didn't involve a man as the attacker and the woman as the victim, nobody would've even said anything about domestic violence. I get where you guys are coming from about these issues - it's not unreasonable complaining - but I think yo guys are reading way too much into the whole thing. I think the whole thing is far more "horror movie" than "domestic abuse".

^^ I have more of a problem with Franca saying that this is about domestic abuse than with the story itself, because it would've been just fine without it. I'm sorry, but if this story didn't involve a man as the attacker and the woman as the victim, nobody would've even said anything about domestic violence. I get where you guys are coming from about these issues - it's not unreasonable complaining - but I think yo guys are reading way too much into the whole thing. I think the whole thing is far more "horror movie" than "domestic abuse".

Well, yeah. It's called Horror Movie, isn't it? I'm just saying I understand the view of people who won't see the title of the story or the video/full editorial.

This has to be the most interesting story VI/SM have done in years. Definitely picking up this issue. Seeing a moody editorial like this, in a sea of monotonous spring shoots is like a breath of fresh air.

This is just... Epic!!
I like the Horror Story vibe,and Issa is channeling "Kayako" so well

Meisel has never lost it. This is just unbelievably amazing! Each shot is perfect and purely cinematic like it was definitely straight out from horror movies. Issa's shots are my favorites. She nailed the scared as sh*t expression. :smile: I especially love the second to the last shot where Issa's like being dragged or something.

How I wish it was longer. :D

^ Agreed, it'd have been more epic if the editorial is longer. Besides, a Steven Meisel editorial is one of the main thing (if not the only thing) that attracts people to VI each month.

Beauty
Nikola Romanova by Steve Hiett
Styled by Giulio Martinelli

glossynewsstand.com

Frames Of Fashion
Models:Kirsten Owen, Katie Goodling, Sadie Pinn & Michael Houghton
Photographed by Francesco Carrozzini
Styled by Enrica Ponzellini

glossynewsstand.com

As a lover of film, I can see so many references in the cover story, Meisel has really blown me away with this! I love also how the baby doll dresses juxtapose so well against the sinister backdrop.

This issue reminds me of The Grudge, in a good way though :wink:
Congrats to Issa & Meisel for a fantastic issue! :flower:

I can understand your point of view. But the fact is, it IS an opportunity to speak out against domestic violence (or any thing else for that matter) and no other editor or magazine is using what they do as a platform to speak out about such matters, or have the bravery to tackle things that fashion is not somehow suppose to get involved with. My respect has risen even more for Franca, something I thought not possible.

Forget print v digital argument THIS is the future of editorial. Content and editorial opinion, not just lame catalogue, which most magazines have become. It's every reason I was interested in the potential of fashion in the first place it is, and has always been Vogue Italia that flies that flag.

^ Agreed, it'd have been more epic if the editorial is longer. Besides, a Steven Meisel editorial is one of the main thing (if not the only thing) that attracts people to VI each month.

Agreed, I totally wish it was twice or three times the length. It would have given them the opportunity to play with the narrative more as well.

Well, i really don't like the Meisel editorial. Not because of the subject, it just leaves me cold. I think you are ment to love it or hate it, but i just... meh. :mellow:

Kirsten Owen is always awesome - and so is her blonde helmet hair in the VI. Love it!

Loving Kirsten in Frames Of Fashion!

The-Shining-the-shining-25586158-1024-576.jpg

source: http://www.watershed.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->