Vogue Italia February 2021 : The ‘Everyday’ Issue by Carlos Nazario

And it's funny he's using Franca's legacy every time he launchs a new issue of VI and L'Uomo. He "wants" to be different from Franca, but he uses the avant garde reputation or the social topics of the old VI.

Last edited:
:sick::sick::sick:

All of this makes me sick to the core. I know it's really a trend in culture across the board for the 'maker' to step into the spotlight because that's what makes people like stuff more, but fashion people are already so egotistical and overhyped and now Farneti is basically enabling that behaviour? Probably doing it so they can like him more. Because just going by his interviews he's about as interesting as a bowl of oatmeal.

So last September US Vogue did a long edit with creatives, there's one in the March issue of UK Vogue, and now this. Is this the 'creativity' angle? At least the US and UK ones are different because the focus is on them as subjects, they're not asked to replace models.

Seriously, this guy should be fired!

He or his family probably know someone who knows whoever appointed him for this.
You are right. According to Italian wiki:
Farneti è figlio dei giornalisti Gianni Farneti e Chiara Beria di Argentine.
Il nonno materno, Adolfo Beria di Argentine è stato uno dei più rilevanti magistrati e giuristi italiani del dopoguerra.
La famiglia della nonna materna, Cecilia Vallardi, per sette generazioni ha esercitato la professione di editore a Milano.

Social and political connection, but he doesn't impact in fashion world. HC supplement is good exemple when he stopped publishing because Dior, Chanel, D&G, Armani have money to producing this kind of publication.

Just flipped through the digital issue, my god some of it is even worse than I could have imagined. Seeing absolutely ridiculous low-quality photos taken with a smartphone in Vogue makes me really **** angry!!!

Sounds like a Troll. The person or robot that wrote that never opened a fashion magazine in its entire life.

The main story is the only other photographed content in the issue besides the Luigi & Iango shoot and that beauty story already posted.

Real Life :rolleyes:

Photographers and subjects all credited accordingly on each page.

Vogue Italia Digital

Real Life (continued)

Vogue Italia Digital

Why are so few of them smiling? You got a chance to appear in Vogue, make a presence! I am so annoyed by this new type of photography where subjects are just standing there like dead fish unimpressed by life.

"Real Life"

Yea, I'll just stay right where I'm at...Thanks!

this is like the ‘everyday fashion bottom-feeder’ issue.

And now compare it to this, very similar vibe but worlds apart. One's a high fashion magazine, the other a shameless parody. And only 20 years... god knows what we'll have in another 20.

If I wanted to look at a bunch of street style pictures, I would just return to like 2009 or 2010 and look up Tommy Ton’s work on Style.com. He couldn’t even pick the most relevant topic in this day and age!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->