Vogue Italia January 2020 : The ‘No Photoshoot’ Issue

^ LOL. Right, that was my initial response as well.

He should have called someone like David Downtown to do this issue. This is just trash...

My sentiments exactly. While I’m all for promoting new and underexposed talent, I would not have minded a series of fashion-forward David Downton covers. There is not a single redeeming cover here, and will gladly skip another issue of Vogue Italia.

Vogue Italia January 2020

Save

Artist: David Salle
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Cast: Lili Sumner

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Nudes

Artist: Vanessa Beecroft
Stylist: Francesca Ragazzi

Rinascimento

Artist: Yoshitaka Amano
Cast: Lindsey Wixson

Genesis

Artist: Gigi Cavenago & Andrea De Dominicis
Cast: Felice Noordoff

Madre Natura

Artist: Dephine Desane
Cast: Assa Baradji

Con Gli Occhi Del Futuro

Photographer: Mikayla Green & Nyasia Pettway
Set Design: Elaine Winter
Stylist: Federico Chiara, Sylvia Pescia
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Makeup: Robert Reyes
Cast: Julisa Riascos, Jahmadi Riascos, Tyteana Griem, Jon Emanus, Mecca Mshaka-Morris

Con Gli Occhi Del Futuro

Photographer: Mikayla Green & Nyasia Pettway
Set Design: Elaine Winter
Stylist: Federico Chiara, Sylvia Pescia
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Makeup: Robert Reyes
Cast: Julisa Riascos, Jahmadi Riascos, Tyteana Griem, Jon Emanus, Mecca Mshaka-Morris

So much for the ''no photoshoot'' issue. This is all just a big disgrace to Vogue done in such a hideous manner that I can't even find the words to express my hatred towards this issue.

Wondering what/if Schnabel thinks about this, especially Salle’s version.
My fantasy would be he does and I’d love for him to expound on all of it.

It’s fairly obvious that frustration and criticism for fashion magazines has been intensifying with each passing month here at tFS, but when I log on and the majority of the posts are related to mags that were published 10 years ago, it’s truly depressing. It’s almost funny.

Vogue Italia is a shadow of its former self but I can’t blame the powers-that-be for trying new things to re-ignite the spark and passion for this once-proud fashion bible. The market is tough. I’m still holding out for some hope.

LOL such a juvenile issue prompted by a flimsy gimmick that in essence belies just what a clueless and uncreative marketeer he is: Despite the “environmental sustainability " gimmick— he’s still hustling ridiculously expensive labels from all his advertisers. I’d give him some credit if this issue featured indie, local artisans with a record of sustainability objective in their offerings. And as many have pointed out, how exactly are these issues getting to their subscribers? By owl???

Visually, the entire issue looks like the type of project that elementary school children create for their “magazine”. It’s just so sloppy and childish. Actually, this issue would have felt at least remotely sincere if it were created by children: You know, through a child’s eye and all that jazz etc etc...

Thanks Benn for sparing the rest of this issue-- it's that insufferable...

(Now go to any of the VI Franca-era threads to cleanse your eyes from this joke.)

I might have been on board with these editorials if you could, you know, actually make out all the designer clothes being featured?

There’s nothing interesting or covetable about this issue...
A mess.

Terrible...a big joke....

I want the hypocrisy to spread all over Twitter and see those commending Vogue Italia slowly delete their tweets of appraisal.

I’ve read a tweet where someone said praise should be given to VI for “doing something for the environment.” GOLDEN. A print magazine doing something for the environment because it used paintings, which they printed on paper, delivered using motor vehicles, wrapped in plastic. Kids these days. Praising the bare minimum, without seeing the bigger picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->