Vogue Italia July 2009 : Kristen McMenamy by Steven Meisel

one of my friend said what Meisel is the only one super famous photographer which doesnt have his own personal style and signature. and i said..."ditto!" again and again.
so damn decadent. and so Craig McDean, Steven Klein...

Thank you Diciassette! :kiss:

Vogue Italia Main Edit July 2009 with Kristen Mcmenamy

Last edited by a moderator:
Some shots remind me of the October 2007 editorial called Misshaped only that Kristen brings it to a whole new level and others remind me of what McDean did with Sigrid or what Roversi did with Heidi and Iris.

I like it but not enough to buy it. I only bought two issues from this year and one of them just because I got it for a better prize. I wish something would wow me again.

Oh wow. Kristen's editorial is TDF! I can't pick a favourite shot, because I have to many.
Thanks so much for scanning Diciassette (17) :flower:

what!!!

I like it but not enough to buy it. I only bought two issues from this year and one of them just because I got it for a better prize. I wish something would wow me again.[/quote]

what can be a better price for an Italian Vogue??? This is a BIBLE!!!price would never matter for something so beautiful!!! if you do not like this issue this means you will never buy another Italian Vogue again...I guess you are very very hard to please!:blink::blink::blink:

I like it but not enough to buy it. I only bought two issues from this year and one of them just because I got it for a better prize. I wish something would wow me again.

what can be a better price for an Italian Vogue??? This is a BIBLE!!!price would never matter for something so beautiful!!! if you do not like this issue this means you will never buy another Italian Vogue again...I guess you are very very hard to please!:blink::blink::blink:[/quote]

Kristen is impressive and everything but I don't like the colours of the editorial and also the cover. Also Kristen is a good model and I know I have to give her credit for being Kristen but I can't bring myself to appreciate her as much as I would other models. I'm just too unfamiliar with her and just into another group of models.

The other editorials are boring -> not worth 10€ in my opinion.

Still completely taken aback by the sheer power of this editorial and thanks so much Diciassette (17) as always for you're fantastic scans.:flower::heart:

what can be a better price for an Italian Vogue??? This is a BIBLE!!![/quote]

Why don't they put it in the hotels than:D

^^Hahah they should, i think its worth every penny as well, this issue i mean. ^_^

I am literally so blown away by Kristen's editorial. The sixth shot could easily be one of the most stunning images of all time.

Thank you so much Diciassette for scanning!

I LOVE ITALIA'S ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buzz:
will buy this and i hardly ever buy international magazines because italian vogue is soooo pricey, about $20 and it's not at all about whether or not it's worth it, just because i'm so broke all the time. LOL :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Kristen's edit somehow looks like a depressed version of Paolo Roversi on heavy drugs to me. :D oh well, i'm just kidding. the edit is amazing and the styling is so typically VI-main-edit-fantastic.
not sure about the supermodels' edit. visually it really feels a bit dated. what's the purpose of these images? to once again prove these supercreatures don't fade, don't get old, don't have wrinkles? yeah, right, what a big news that is.
i mean, since the last year's LV show featuring sexually charged nurses, how many times have we seen all these amazing women? these pictures don't do much justice to the idea - if you want to celebrate these women in Vogue Italia at least try a bit harder than producing a gazillion twelfth image of Christy's close-up. push the envelope, push the envelope.:rolleyes:

To be really honest, I didn't really know Kristen before this thread. I know it sounds a bit stupid, but I'm still pretty young and I'm not really aware of the Supermodels from years ago besides people like Kate and Claudia. But she really impressed me with this.
The cover is already pretty good, but her editorial is absolutely amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->