Vogue Italia July 2009 : Kristen McMenamy by Steven Meisel

it's a good cover, but i don't think it's the best VI cover this year so far. I agree with PartyInParis..i does seem like something that Meisel could have done a few years ago..Initially i did think the cover was very nice, but it's also dated Meisel 2004-2005, IMO.

Anywho, thanks for scanning blacklab. :flower:

ETA: i hate the red couch...the silver/plattinum blonde hair, red velvet and gold letters are totally clashing; i could only imagine if there was a better choice of text or a better couch :lol: The typography is perfect, as usual. We already know what VI is good at and what Steven is good at..i just need them to take it a little further and stop being so lazy..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like this very much. Not a best VI cover.

The thread title alone made me all tingly inside! I want it and I want it now!

I really like this a lot
its so dark and sexy to me
I cant wait to see it in person

1. She looks like a man.

2. Who's Kristin McMenamy? :ninja:

3. Can I be selfish and rude enough to ask for a review? :innocent:

^There is already a review somewhere in this thread.

And I f you don't knoew who Kristen is, Is uggest you look up her thread :flower:

I'm over the moon to see Kristen on the cover, but I don't really like it to be honest. Thanks for scanning though. The rest of the content sounds only mildly interesting, but I'm sure the Sorrenti ed will be nice.

There was a Vogue Italia he did with her in January 1995, and for me, this new cover is like the 'night' to that old cover's 'day'. It's like a two-part story, where I've had to wait years for the final chapter, where everything's got a lot darker.

She's back, because there's unfinished business. Older, wiser, another woman entirely - and one that now stares us out, instead of only thinking of herself. The other version took her gloves off, but the new woman knows all about getting her hands dirty. That's the story I get out of seeing the July issue (image source - kristenmcm.altervista.org).

Attachments

• VOIT9501 Kristen.jpg
    VOIT9501 Kristen.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 53
^^Tiogerrouge always a pleasure to see your take on covers, i love that one and your explanation. Is that a harp she is holding though?

1. She looks like a man.

2. Who's Kristin McMenamy? :ninja:
:shock: WOW this made me feel old, and i am in my twenties.:lol: Kirsten is a supermodel, check her thread, she is one of the best models ever imho.

I do wonder what she's holding... there'll be blood on those strings.

There was a Vogue Italia he did with her in January 1995, and for me, this new cover is like the 'night' to that old cover's 'day'. It's like a two-part story, where I've had to wait years for the final chapter, where everything's got a lot darker.

She's back, because there's unfinished business. Older, wiser, another woman entirely - and one that now stares us out, instead of only thinking of herself. The other version took her gloves off, but the new woman knows all about getting her hands dirty. That's the story I get out of seeing the July issue (image source - kristenmcm.altervista.org).

I third ...

Best comment I read in Magazines Thread for a long time !!!

:heart:

and I applaude your memory !
^_^

I love this:clap:

I really like the cover. And this is the reason why i love VI. Not only because of the artistic spirit and creativity. But also because they pick models that other magazines wouldn't use. Kristen really is a unique beauty, so good for her! :heart:

I actually just gasped at a Vogue Italia (a good gasp)
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
The epitome of what a Fall preview should look like.
I'm buying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"