Vogue Italia July 2010 : Christy Turlington by Steven Meisel

The Prada cat-eye glasses are the best thing about this issue...the best thing about Meisel's ed is the setting. I seem to have become perpetually bored by this magazine in recent months.

Christy's ed is fabulous!
I'm on the fence about whether to buy this issue or not.. Only Christy and MCB's eds attract me.

Photo : Glen Luchford
Text : Nicola Scevola
Model : Mariacarla Boscono

scans by me

An American Aristocrat and Activist
Photo : Bruce Weber
Model : Kyleigh Kuhn

scans by me

Photo : Paolo Roversi
Styling : Jacob K
Model : Kirsi Pyrhonen

scans by me

Unconventional Beauties by Benedetta Barzini
Cast : Georgia May Jagger, Alba Rohrwacher,
Rossy de Palma, Sofia Coppola, Charlotte Gainsbourg,
Christina Ricci, Maggie Gyllenhaal & Coco Sumner

scans by me

Christy's editorial is a little on the boring side-I get the feeling that it will excite me in person though. Some of the shots are just beyond stunning, especially the ones of her profile. Seeing the cover fully folded out makes more sense. I actually like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christy's ed is a little too classic for my taste...i do love the styling
but thank you for all of your scans

Thankssssssssssss sobigsobig!!!! great scans

MariaCarla is fantastic...
Even if she's not one of my fav, i have to say that she is GREAT.

^ I agree, she's not my favorite either, but she's a great model.

Thanks for all the perfect scans. Meisel's ed is quite good although Christy looks a bit emotionless in most shots. The classic styling combined with the cluttered trashy background in the ed provides an interesting contrast.

I like only 3 shots from Christy's editorial, too classic IMO.
And MariaCarla's edit is good, I'll get this issue for free as a gift from friend, but if it wasn't case I wouldn't get the issue, it's not worth the money.

It's not a jam packed issue editorial-wise, but the strength of the content quite makes up for it, I suppose. Kirsi steals the show for me, even though Mariacarla's edit is great too - yet again I've come to think she cannot do wrong, and it's an understatement. Christy's, on the other hand, doesn't do anything for me, the lighting is somehow way too harsh, and I'm really not over the styling there.

I'm so over the background settings that Meisel uses in editorials similar to Christy's (he did the same with Kristen's and Linda's in 2009).

I really love Christy's editorial. I love how her beauty and the styling contrasts with the messy background.

The 8th shot of Christy's editorial is so Wilhelmina it's hard to believe - down to the last detail. The entire editorial is very beautiful. There is something surreal about mixing Christy's 80s persona with the 60s references.

A soulful issue altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->