Vogue Italia July 2010 : Christy Turlington by Steven Meisel

Style Savvy

Reaction score
cover-sfilata_784x0.jpg

vogue.it

She's wearing Chanel F/W 2010.

Lady Icon. Interpreted by Christy Turlington's stunning beauty and her unique style, the sixties' mood of this look is even more obvious thanks to an undisputed cult detail of those years' make up, which is always fresh and elegant. It is the Écriture eyeliner, noir, to be spread throughout the lash line of the upper eyelid, surrounding your eyes with a frame of intensity.

Enrich the visual effect with a mascara like Intense, noir, which will smoothly wrap your lashes and enhance them in every dimension thanks to a patented combination of a vinyl polymer and specific wax, The ethereal mark of Crayon Khôl, blanc, drawn along the internal part, will enhance your make up. Complete it with the iridescent touch of Lèvres Scintillantes, bikini peach, which makes your lips look brighter. All by Chanel. Mohair mélange coat, Chanel. Nina Ricci gloves. Hair Style by Guido for Redken. Make up by Pat McGrath. Fashion editor Karl Templer. Set Design by Mary Howard.

The new issue of Vogue Italia will be in newsstand on July, 5th (Milan only), during the week in the rest of Italy and worldwide

Last edited by a moderator:
Vintage Vogue Italia. This is what a cover should look like. Not edgy, just simple and classic.

I quite like the color combination of the cover, but I am not a fan of that silly facial expression.

While I am a bit bothered that this looks more like a mere reproduction of a vintage magazine cover rather than an original work of fashion photography, I must admit that Christy Turlington flawlessly embodies the regal elegance that many of the models of the Sixties, the models whose attitudes she is apparently trying to impersonate, had. There is something very Jean Shrimpton about her look/demeanor here. In addition to Christy's spot on modeling/impersonating, the retro styling and drab palette make this cover look even more vintage. This image literally could have been the cover of Vogue in 1965.

This cover something scared me.

best cover i have seen from him in ages!!!
who can argue with Christy's beauty.

oh this is sooo nice!it's one of their best cover of the year ^_^

Christy's lookin' great. The cover has a hint of vintage Vogue Italia. Christy looks superb and the angle from where it's taken is a plus. :heart:

So ugly cover, bad make Up, much photosop, the hai have much laca in the front this are a disaster of photosop and pjotography very ugly

:lol: I was just thinking today that Christy would probably get this cover after seeing the LV campaign.

That's so vintage. Christy looks beautiful, there's no doubt, but something is off about the cover.

wow very vintage! i love it though a different lipstick would have been better

Finally a good cover after two months, I love the vintage feel. Her expression seemed a bit off at first, but after looking at it for a little longer it became quite captivating.

Stunning! Christy really knows how to deliver. Her stare hypnotizes me. Everything is just perfect! Simply, the best cover I`ve seen so far.

Christy's always got a sort of astonished expression pasted onto her face, which I found highly unappealing. However, there's no denying she exudes a vintage yet timeless grace, so I guess no one could fit the "Modern and Classic" theme better than she does. I love the moody atmosphere of the covershot, and surprisingly that Chanel coat looks great off the runway - or perhaps it's just because half of it is hidden.

I expect something “more special” for a July issue but I must admit that Christy looks Stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->