Vogue Italia July 2010 : Christy Turlington by Steven Meisel

some comments here put me off this issue and I did not order it... now I changed my mind... I think Christy's editorial is beautiful....

Wow sobigsobig, that is a lot of work! Thanks:flower:
To me Dioni is the star of this issue.

^I agree completely, Dioni's editorial is by far the best for me in this edition
the styling is very nice on Christy's, but I'm not really a fan of the overall editorial

thanks sobigsobig and skalty for the amazing scans :D

I love the styling, and especially the textures of Christy's editorial. I also like, as someone had mentioned, the surreal contrast between Christy's 80's persona and the overty 60's tones of the shoot.

However, there's something a little off about Christy in the shoot. I just read recently how she has said that she has never felt completely comfortable doing "glamor." And I think that is what I see.

^OMG I thought I was the only one who thought so. Her ed is beautifully shot, directed and styled but she's just not right in it. In some photos her face looks so wrong. I've never really thought she was passionate about modeling (which is probably why I've never been a fan of hers) and I think it's weird that she's still doing it so much, especially after she's sort of put down the job. It's taken me a while to realize this about it.
Ellen's ed is my fave, sometimes she gets a little kinky-tacky with non-fashion publications, but her sexiness with VI's quirkiness makes one great combo :heart:
Thanks for all the scans!

I just saw this cover of February 1962 issue on ebay and immediately reminded the cover of VI July.

ebay

^ Good reference, tarsha. The hairstyle, pose and the position are all similar. It seems that they refered to that cover making this issue's one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #719
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Set Design: Mary Howard
Model: Christy Turlington
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi

Christy
Photographer: Steven Meisel