Vogue Italia June 2018 : Mica, Rianne & Doutzen by Willy Vanderperre

'Have a nice day!' OK I will (try), and first step is trying to forget these hideous covers. Hopefully Godsel will save us (or just do better, not hard) next month!

I think he will shot the next one. His Robin Makintosh cover (the first) will turn 30. But last september I was expecting to see him, and we got those Mariacarla covers instead. Anything could happen. He works more for British Vogue than VI

Cold, sterile, uninviting. Doutzen is bearable, but Rianne looks like she's about to take a wee...

I know sterile is what Vanderperre goes for and it's annoying when we keep bringing it up, but God is this sterile. It gives me nothing.

Why can't Willy just go off and stay out for like ever! This is like a redux version of Prada and CK campaign combined with literally no excitement, no nothing.

I thought Vogue Portugal is a try-hard but at least they tried.

What is Doutzen doing here? :blink:
I only like Rianne's cover. Mica's is a bit depressing indeed and Doutzen is just one big random WTF.

I honestly cannot wait to see the back of Willy Vanderperre! Wish the industry would banish him to Another magazine or something equally irrelevant so he can just fester over there. So we get it, he wanted a 'sterile' take on summer, just like his 'sterile' take on Italy last year. How original! At least come up with something unique.
I've not seen such blandness in a while. It's even worse than the annoying emo/millennial tosh we're bombarded with from indie magazines.
Three truly dreadful covers! Rianne's ridiculous pose, Mica getting hers because God knows why (awful shot either way), but to second you, the biggest head scratcher is Doutzen Kroes. There are no elephants to be saved here so really not sure why her.

I'm also guessing it's another 'make Italy great again' issue with the all-Italian cover looks. :rolleyes:

Looks like they were trying to do some kind of provocative Helmut 'Newtonesque' kind of set up, with the suggestion of a private encounter in the dunes. But there is only one Helmut Newton and this isn't it.
And if you feature feet so prominently in a photo, make the extra effort and hire a foot model with beautiful feet.

This place reminds me of to 'The young girls by the sea' (aug 97) and 'An interpretation' (jul 97), both by Meisel. Is the same Long Island Beach?

They uploaded a cover story preview on Instagram, and there are far better cover options. But over all, the preview looks weak.

^ Here it is. Pretty dreadful -_-

Would've been a perfect opportunity to give Sora a cover. Feels like it's been awhile since an Asian got a cover for VI. Was the last one the China issue w/ Jing & Fernanda?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Someone needs to wake up Willy seriously :shock:

tenor.gif

The editorial looks good. Summer is a bummer.

And they couldn't give Sora a cover?

Photograph: Willy Vanderperre
Stylist: Olivier Rizzo
Models: Rianne Van Rompaey, Mica Arganaraz, Doutzen Kroes, Benjamin Migsch, Sora Choi, Luca Lemaire, Vic Bellemans, Moïse Nsengiyumva, Lukas Dhooge, Joshua Bering, Natalie Ogg.

vogueit.com

Beauty
Photograph: Paul Wetherell
Model: Birgit Kos

I have no words. I can't believe he's recycling concepts. First Prada VS CK and now Prada VS Vogue Italia. I'm shocked at this.

uOjkjCkG_o.jpg

At least the shots in the grass are new. The shot of Rianne sitting in the grass is the best.

vogue.it, img

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->